Messed up my profession

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stephie9888, Feb 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. stephie9888

stephie9888 Space Hobo

Soo pretty much I'm wondering if i should restart my game I choose both Forster and rancher because I didn't even realize I was making a choice when it happened I just thought oh cool I get both these things but no, I realize now that I made a huge mistake. I'm currently in the late winter of my 1st year (20 hours in)and have a lot of stuff in my community centre as well as quite a few relation ships built up as well as skills built up should I bother restarting or should I just continue this game?

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The next update's apparently including a way to reset your professions, so you might want to wait for that if you don't want to lose progress.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

First off, don't sweat it. Look, you play the first time through blind because what would be the fun in knowing everything already? Okay, so you made some choices you now regret, big deal. Ultimately, none of the perks are really all that game-breaking. I mean, yea... sure, some of the perks are 'better' than others, for certain definitions of better at least, but even if you didn't have ANY perks at all, the game is still enjoyable.

I talk a whole lot about Artisan, because I'm one of those number-cruncher kind of guys who want to maximize my profits. But that's only one way to play the game, there's so many others. I mean, you took Rancher, right? That means coming up you can pick Shepherd or you can pick Coopmaster. Either one might be something you'd be interested in. With Shepherd, each sheep produces wool roughly once a day with shears, and each one can be turned into cloth (although I believe the price-point is that if it is gold/iridium quality wool, it's actually better to just sell the wool with Rancher/Shepherd). That's a pretty decent daily income. Full barn of twelve sheep? That's just over 6500g/day. Which comes out to 47k/week or 189k/season. All year round. Granted, it's not a greenhouse full of Ancient Fruit, much less a hyper-optimized setup involving pomegranate trees and hops, but that's still nothing to sneeze at. And that's in addition to said greenhouse, and whatever crops you care to plant.

With Forester, granted, it is effectively picking no perk at all, but Lumberjack at least gives you a chance for hardwood even out of regular trees, which I suppose is something if you want to get kegging or plenty of hardwood fences for your animal pens.

I wouldn't give up on your save just yet. 'Optimal' is just an ephemeral goal for those crazy enough to bother. But you can enjoy a game that isn't optimal. Because at the end of the day, the game doesn't judge you based on how much money you make (well, okay, it *kind of* does, but it's a pretty low bar for end of second year, and even then, you can postpone as long as you like), it presents itself to you and asks you to have fun, however you want.

Jonesy likes this.
        • kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

there are mods that lets you redo your profession;)

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar