1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

"Merchant Tenant Death Loop"

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PsychoMagikarp, Aug 31, 2016.

1. PsychoMagikarp

PsychoMagikarp Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah so I have an annoying deal where I place a Colony Deed in a suitable house for an Avian Merchant, and the merchant successfully teleports in, but after a second, he/she teleports away, and the Colony Deed displays the icon showing he/she just died and is recovering. I know the problem isn't the requirements of the house because the game has no problem spawning in a normal villager. It is probably a mod interfering, but I'm not sure which one.

Now before you ask for my starbound.log files, I guess i have another problem because it says
    "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
    I'm a complete rookie, so please help :eek:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The log is named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). That's the file you need to attach. ;)

~ Iris ~

3. PsychoMagikarp

Oh, wow that's misleading. My bad :p

Attached Files:

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, one thing you have glad giraffe modpaks. Those can be safely deleted.

Also, you're getting patch errors from the Viera mod involving tenants...

That's two places to start (I doubt it's the cause, but meh).

5. PsychoMagikarp

Roger that, I'll go ahead and give those a shot

6. Iris Blanche

So first of all: NEVER EVER put mod files in the assets folder. Also .modpak files are outdated and you can delete them anyway because they aren't recognized anymore by Starbound.
    Also your log is spammed with errors...as for what i can see the mods: Greckan Race Mod, Artorias_Gear_Mod_V1_14b, TStechnologies, NovakidSpeechLines_v6.1, ultimatecraftingtable, More Starbound CrittersNScenery and the Viera race mod are causing issues. It's very strange that so much mods causing errors. Did you install them properly (following install instructions)? Do they have their right paths? Also update the mods. Your version of Greckans race mod is outdated. The other mods i didn't check.

~ Iris ~

7. PsychoMagikarp

I'll just completely wipe out those mods and see what happens

8. Iris Blanche

Removing this mass of mods on an existing character/universe is asking for trouble. You will definitly run into issues when doing this step.

~ Iris ~

9. PsychoMagikarp

phew good thing i read this before i did anything
    Ill go one at a time

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm starting to think that while the OP definitely has mod issues, I'm starting to think it's yet another behavior.lua problem.

*sigh*

I love FrackinUniverse, but somehow something really got borked up and for the life of me and several others, we cannot find what the bleep is going on, ever since an FU update a couple days ago, I've seen lots of behavior.lua errors, and a lot of these cause an NPC to suicide and respawn and other weird behaviors, even on NPCs the mod doesn't even change.

But anyways, OP, yes do clean out your mod folders, empty out the assets folder (except for packed.pak, leave that there!) and update your mods, and perhaps trim the list if any of them are causing errors and are not really needed.

MOST mods being removed will cause PGIs appear... but some like FrackinUniverse will break your character/universe if removed.

11. Iris Blanche

Make a backup of your storage folder before doing this.

~ Iris ~

12. PsychoMagikarp

Okay, so I did what you guys said, and I removed the .modpaks, the Viera mod, the Artorias_Gear_Mod, and TStechnologies, aaaand

now my Avian Merchant is cured of being suicidal. Thanks a ton you guys, that was really troublesome <3

13. Iris Blanche

So it was one of those mods then. Always keep your mods up-to-date and report any issues with a mod to the mod authors so that they can fix it ^-^

~ Iris ~

14. PsychoMagikarp

Roger that!

15. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Oh my, I didn't know the Viera were causing an issue like this >_< I'll check your log when I'm near a computer and see if I can fix the problem.