Merchandise For Starbound

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lachee, Aug 2, 2012.

?

Would you buy merchandise of starbound?

1. Yes

114 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Depends what they are selling

63 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

My school gives you three hour Saturday detentions for incorrect school uniform :p

Lachee likes this.
  2. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

A SATURDAY detention? Whoo. In my school incorrect school uniform is one of the lower things on the "crime list" AND detentions only go up to 50 minutes unless it's some REALLY serious that needs actual work done instead of just making them sit in a room for 10 minutes.
    ON TOPIC:
    A poptop doll would be good for most fans, but you can count me out, I hate them and they look too much like Mawiles to me, another thing I'm not too fond of.

3. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

http://www.trinity.nsw.edu.au/abouttheschool/doc/pastoralcare_discipline.pdf
    D:

On Topic: If you want to go with a full set make a Starbound wallet too! :D

I've been wanting to get a wallet for a while, i want it to be a Starbound one! :3

4. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

What's not to like about mawiles?

5. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

You could just wear it at home.

Sorry starbound team for the use of you avatars.

[​IMG]

This is a 15" laptop skin, can be used on macs and pc. It would look better but they wont let me flip the images, and i could not be bothered reuploading them to the website.

Black--snow said:
    http://www.trinity.nsw.edu.au/abouttheschool/doc/pastoralcare_discipline.pdf
    D:

On Topic: If you want to go with a full set make a Starbound wallet too! :D

I've been wanting to get a wallet for a while, i want it to be a Starbound one! :3
    Noted. My next design will be a wallet

6. Lachee

Okay, I know this shouldn't be done, however this is a great idea in my mind, and Black--snow, your request is fullfilled!

Introducing, the quickly done wallet!
    mens_wallet.jpg

Different designs can be of offer.

And as always, sorry Starbound team if i do not have permission to use this logo. I take no credit for the template nor the logo that are featured in this wallet. The dressing of the template I take full credit though.

7. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

why not some plushies

8. Hokie

Hokie Void-Bound Voyager

But why?

9. Lachee

To that I reply, why not? It supports Starbound...

Unfortunately i cannot give a preview of a plushie unless i actually ask for a quote, which will involve me paying money and requesting permission from the Starbound team.

10. CyberDog

CyberDog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally would like a shirt with a picture of the mech we saw when starbound was announced, with a caption saying: Yes the mech is ride-able, or with a ton of penguins on it.

11. Lachee

Got your shirt :mwahaha:

[​IMG]

Sorry it took a while :C but its been designed now :D

CyberDog likes this.
  12. Eccentric

Eccentric Pangalactic Porcupine

In Finland.

No schools have uniforms.
    Dress up like you want.

13. Nesden

Nesden Cosmic Narwhal

I would love Starbound buttons. Like one that would have the Starbound logo and another that had a penguin. And some for all the races.

14. bowser7

bowser7 Industrial Terraformer

I'm not sure if Starbound needs merchandise :\

...Unless 8 million people or so would buy the game (this refers to Minecraft sorta btw)

15. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

I definitely don't think this idea will happen as a pre-order thing, maybe some time post release if Starbound blows up in terms of it's popularity. Tiy said they wouldn't do merchandise for a few reasons, one of which being time and the other being that it was more expensive than it was worth, so they decided to do the kickstarter-like pre-order tiers. I think this could happen if there was a lot of demand post release, but unless they get as popular as Minecraft I don't see it happening. :(

16. Eccentric

What?

17. KuroHinotori

Fixed, I'm tired. Sorry.

18. Lachee

Here are some badges of images found on this thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-avatars.1277/page-2

All credit to, WelshPixie in making these images.

Penguin Round And Square:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bunneh:

[​IMG]

I Could make more if you wish. Like i stated above, the images are from this thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-avatars.1277

19. Eccentric

Eehh... Those don't look so cool. Just an opinion.

20. KuroHinotori

It was posted here why they didn't do merchandise for the pre-order so I find it unlikely that they'll do anything with merchandise until post-release if the game is popular enough.

"Our goal with the preorders was to speed up development and we took a look at the time that would be required to send out merchandise and it just wasn't plausible. So we did our best to come up with a bunch of fun game related rewards." - Tiy