Meli L.L.C., a Limited Liability Company

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by Melissia, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

[writer's note: It's just a rough draft. I was bored this morning, heheh]

Meli LLC is a Limited Liability Company owned by Melissia. It is NOT a publicly traded company, indeed, Meli LLC has one owner, and only one owner. Workers are not paid in shares, nor are executive officers-- It is rumored that the owner, Melissia, is a bit of a control freak when it comes to the company, despite the fact that she puts on a friendly face.

[​IMG]
    (rough draft of the logo)

The primary goal of Meli LLC is to push the boundries of architecture to their limit, and they are focused on manufacturing and researching to that end. It also has a large number of mines and farms, to provide raw materials for their construction efforts. While Melissia is a Floran, any race may work for Meli LLC, and indeed they are frequently researching the manufacturing and construction technology of other races.

The Meli LLC Headquarters is a space station located at the top of the Yggdrasil Space Elevator, one of the first Floran attempts at creating a Space Elevator-- which was in fact Melissia's own personal design, although she did not have Meli LLC formed at the time. The company was formed during the expansion of the space station, and she purchased it when the Florans became involved in one of their many wars against meat-people and thus lost interest in civilian matters.

Because of their focus on non-military matters, the Melissia and her company found themselves basically ignored by the more warlike factions for a long time, which ends up suiting her just fine. That was, until someone attempted to attack the company's secondary headquarters to find hostages to use against the Floran government. It is not public knowledge what happened during the defense of that building, but despite the overwhelming force used to assault it, no one got out alive.

Since then, Meli LLC has occasionally received contracts to build new military installations, and they have proven to be able to provide both simple and elaborate traps, surprisingly strong and durable buildings, secret chambers, and more for their clients upon request. But Melissia has always stated that their primary goal is not to serve the military-industrial complex (they're just making use of it to earn a profit directed towards their other projects), instead, she wishes to create wondrous constructions on the same scale as the Yggdrasil Space Elevator and its attached space station... and, of course, bigger and better projects beyond that.

Killer Snowman likes this.
  2. ( good luck man, your going to need it to stay afloat till the game gets here :p...I had a Architecture company with another friend ...yeah not much to do ))

3. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

[ I'm planning on making stuff in Terraria as "Demo" architecture until then :D ]

4. ( coo, coo, rember to rp with othere people on the forum :rofl: it keeps you going, Generi corp is pretty big right now, you can come over and rp anytime , hope to see you later, or you can go to the other companies ( not many saddly despite the huge list)

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

A helpful guide provides a tour of Yggdrasil the World Tree, one of the first Floran space elevators and the proud product of Meli LLC. Expansion of the space station end of the elevator (which indeed, is almost more of a space staircase unless you have rocket boots) is still under way, as is decoration and habitation. Meli LLC is hoping to convince a Dryad priestess to move on board and bless the station with her presence.

[If you have to ask... this is all legitimate resources. I've had way too much time on my hands this week.]

Killer Snowman and WoxandWarf like this.
  6. Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

((Nice to see some thorough history here. :iswydt: Now, Opirian is gonna come a-knocking, and he's gonna say "You need a code of ethics," and perhaps a product listing. Otherwise, I think you're golden here.))
    Architecture eh?... Hm... Might be a smart investment-
    *Sees LLC in Corp Name*
    Odin curse it. You may be privately owned for now... but you just wait... MWAAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and uh, I think we can cut a deal here. See, I make these handy animals called "Busy Beavers". They build stuff. They are very good at doing so. They've had to rebuild my headquarters a number of times... so, they've proven themselves at least ten times over. I can see you are confused, so, let me answer some popular questions right here.

"Why should I trust some talking snowman and his little monstrosities?"
    Good question. I've made deals with all sorts of people. They'll tell you they got their money's worth - and that is what's important.

"Why should I even bother when I have decent employees already?"
    Your employees are lazy bums compared to my beavers. Plus, you don't need to pay the beavers. Just respect them. They love their job, and appreciate some Generic Peanut Spread every now and then. That's all. Imagine what you could do with that extra cash coming your way. You could use stronger materials, build more impressive buildings, and thus, make your clients even more confident in your work.

"What do I have to do to make you go away?"
    Geez. That's harsh. Just accept, or decline my offer. 'Nuff said.
    I may stalk you for a week afterwards if you reject me, playing some really sappy music with my cruddy boombox, but I'll eventually get over it. Really.

Ahem, anyways, there's my offer. Any further questions, let me know.

Melissia likes this.
  7. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

The impeccably dressed Floran dusts off her shoulders then straightens her tie. Beckoning the peculiar talking snowman over to the window of Yggdrasil, the World Tree, she gazes out on to the planet below.

"Are you done talking yet? Well then, here is my answer: I respectfully decline your offer. You see, my company prefers creativity over mass production. While your genetically modified beavers might be useful as snacks..."

She licks her lips, grinning slightly with her Floran fangs showing.

"... they cannot match the creative power of my employees. This may surprise you, but every single piece of this space elevator was hand-crafted, and indeed put in to place by individual employees-- I can't say we didn't have robots do it, but they were sentient robots. We take pride in the fact that everything we do has a personal touch, and everything we do is BETTER than what any one else does. Our customers pay for the best, and by the Arboreal Throne, they get it. That said, I'm sure we can come to an agreement on an entirely different matter; such a large corporation as your own simply cannot have a single product, after all. Perhaps you have another offer?"

8. Killer Snowman

*Blinks*
    Mass production prints the bills man...er...woman...I can't tell with you walking salads. Besides, in terms of creativity, I have never seen another being do so much with duct tape. Half my building is-

*Red the Busy Beaver hobbles up beside Killer Snowman, and looks up to him.*
    No. They don't want your impeccable skills that come at a very decent 1 time fee of 3000 pixels. No, they don't want your spunky handyman touch that the masses enjoy. They also don't seem to want the decent price they will be able to offer when it's just you little guys working on the project. A price that companies will not hesitate to pay when it is so low. However, Red, they do want to eat you. So, head on back to the Blue December. Because I don't trust these salads as far as I can toss them. ((I can't help myself.))

*The beaver hobbles back to the "ship"*

Well, what about your materials? I imagine you cabbage heads can't exactly lug around much aside from some berries here and there. I got some Giant Worker Ants that make robots look like twigs when it comes to heavy lifting. And for materials, I imagine you naturefreaks prefer all natural materials. My ACME Arachnid makes some pretty strong Super Spider Silk (TM) that we ourselves use as building material. Stuff's stronger than steel man...er...woman...er whatever.

Melissia likes this.
  9. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

Sighing, Melissia moves over to a wall and pushes a code on a keypad. A panel in the wall opens up, and from it, an... interesting computer screen pops out. Not a traditional plastic one, but what looks like one made entirely out of plants. A cleverly designed bioluminescent backlight lights up the screen with remarkable detail, as a leafy keyboard pops out with it. Typing on to it, Melissia brings up an image for her prospective business partner's "We, of course, are always interested in new methods of moving building materials, however, something more controllable than insects would be preferable. To that effect, this is our current design, the 'Grasshopper' Heavy Duty Industrialmech."

[​IMG]

"With its twin gravitic/magnetic clamps and powerful plant-based mechanical musculature, it is capable of moving quite a bit more than appears at first glance. Still, if you have something to offer similar to the Hopper, perhaps I would be interested. It is an excellent design, but a more nimble 'mecha-- perhaps one with flight capability-- would be quite useful."

She then hits a few buttons, and another screen slides out, this one showing an overall image of the Yggdrasil. "As for building materials... our patented Ironwood™ Industrial-Grade Arboreal Material is renowned for its apparent ability to defy the laws of physics. You might note that we did not use shortcuts on this space elevator. We did not, as most people do, merely link a cable up with the surface and have an elevator ride it. We built from the ground up to the atmosphere itself. This structure was the structure that withstood the botanophobic terrorist attacks-- all of the other structures attacked in those bleak days were destroyed. This one, despite the intense pressures put upon it and the nuclear arsenal unleashed against it, withstood, and required only minor repairs and rad-treatments."

With some pride, she waves a hand at the plant-based structure they are currently in. "The roots of the World Tree are capable of withstanding enough pressure that a fully loaded Galaxy Class Battleship can land upon the roof of this structure and it will still be within nominal safety limits. Indeed, in their day to day function, they already suffer from pressures unlike almost anything else in the galaxy, short of the cores of stars, singularities, and other ultra-dense structures-- Yggdrasil rises more than a dozen kilometers in to the air, and supports itself without fail. The stress and weight put upon its base of the World Tree by the mass above it would crush a human military fortress instantly."

Coughing as she realizes she's starting to rant, the woman offers a leafy smile, showing her teeth again in a way that makes it apparent that she's trying not to be intimidating. "Forgive me. This was my life's work for a long time. We can look at what materials you have to offer, but keep in mind that when it comes to durable biological building materials, we are simply the best there is."

10. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

*A Skell walks in*
    (Skell looks like this Skellsprite2.png )
    I wish to purchase a blueprint,
    *Briefly thinks*
    I wish to purchase two blueprints one is for a building and one is for a vehicle.
    And congratz on creating a company, I will make sure to keep you busy.

11. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

Turning towards the newcomer while allowing the odd little snowman to think over her response, the Floran gives a leafy, toothy smile that, again, is her trying hard not to intimidate the silly little meat-people with her apparently scary teeth. "Ah, good, a customer. Normally I have marketing handle customer needs, but I think I have time to handle another one today. We don't really sell blueprints so much as we construct each building ourselves. Still, what do you need in the building?"

12. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

For the building I need a giant space glass sphere that can hover in place, I need for it to have two floors a smaller one near the base of the sphere to act as the first floor and a bigger one in the middle of the sphere as the second floor, the smaller one having food storage, and the bigger one to have equipment for hydroponics and other agricultural and aquacultural needs.
    when this has been built I will give the request for the vehicle.

13. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

"Oh? I think I can manage that. Have your company deliver the details to the engineering department. They will of course come up with a general design and a cost, and then once that's negotiated, we can get started."

14. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I don't have a company as of now, but I plan to create one, and I will send the plans to the Engi Department.
    *He types on a screen strapped to his arm armor*
    The Plans are being sent now.

15. Killer Snowman

((Seeing as how you're taking a "tour" of GeneriCorp, and I want to respond :D I'll try to explain why we aren't talking here anymore so I can respond on GeneriCorp without breaking the space-time-continuum. *Cracks knuckles*))
    *Pauses. For once he isn't actually talking. That's something.*
    *Paces back and forth*
    You drive a hard bargain celery fingers, but I drive harder. Actually, I don't drive because I don't trust wheels.

Regardless... you want control? How bout an E.G.A.C.? Shapeshifting. That's right. Honest to goodness shapeshifting. It has it's limits though. The user can turn into one animal, and one animal alone. For now, you turn into regular versions of the animal, but for a fee I might be able to increase the power of the animal form. Makes those mechs look like expensive pieces of junk. That need to be repaired. And gassed up. Imagine... your pack of tomato toes are looking to move some heavy equipment. Instead of using some beat up mech, they can shapeshift into a gorilla that will be strong enough to move that, no problem. Some other members of your salad will be able to shift into birds strong enough to fly the materials a great distance if need be.

The possibilities are endless. Maybe you have some animals you'd prefer to turn into. I'm not picky.

Anyways, I'm gonna go see about upgrading our E.G.A.C. procedure... I'll keep in touch.

*Shuffles out to the Blue December, and it takes off. You notice that it is an honest to goodness Nuclear Sub, rigged to travel in space.*

WoxandWarf likes this.
  16. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

[ as far as I'm concerned, they're two separate time-lines :D ]

"I really prefer mechanical or biomechanical options over purely biological ones. Biomechanical capital does not have rights, while biological capital does. As your charter states, I would have to treat your animals as if they were not merely my property. But I will schedule a tour later, and see them for myself."

17. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

"It appears taht the construction on the glass dome-o-farm has been delayed due to an unexpected goblin invasion."

Melissia shakes her head.

"Damn pests. I'll teach you to get off my lawn. AND THUSLY, WITH LASERS."

And so she taught the goblins to get off of her lawn. With lasers. Thusly.

18. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

why am I acting all businessy, I could care less about little bit of a delay.

19. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

[As an aside, this is something taht actulaly happened while tyring to gather resources so I could build that dome farm thing.... damn goblins. Eh, I had a legendary hallowed sword (very old character) and hallowed armor, so it wasn't a big deal or anything, but still, it made for great fun :D ]

20. Headphoner

Headphoner Cosmic Narwhal

*Headphoner flies in, being carried by his headphones on a jet-hat*
    Uh... HeadCo HQ needs a bit of remodelling and repair. I was told this was the place to check.