Race Meet the Oscura

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Unendingfear, Apr 24, 2013.

?

Should it be added to the game?

1. Yes please

450 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. With Improvements

204 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. No way

75 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. FoxBLU

FoxBLU Phantasmal Quasar

Lovin' this idea! you have my support~

2. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

We art now. Liking the pupil a bit more, actually. Now all we need is a nice landscape pic, with an oscura shadow government executive in his office, dimly lit but very upscale, he's lighting a space cig (due to the tar and other carcinogens in ciggarettes, they actually -are- good for oscura. A frequent smoker can expect to live five to ten years more than normal.), in the window behind him you can see seemingly endless rows of factories all churning out a black smoke, the factories go on and on until they're just dots on the landscape of the barren, now dead planet.

Unendingfear and china like this.
  3. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

So they're like Osmosis Jones. They are black, made of slime, and ruin their environment. LOL

Not a bad idea. Not sure if the theme actually has that much depth, but it is interesting if nothing else.

4. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

Read the OP again. They're a race of sentient oil people with an illuminati-like shadow government ruling behind the "real" one. Nobody but high level members of the shadow government know that they're oil people, everyone thinks they're a race of literal shadows. Anyone trying to expose the truth is quickly processed into fuel.

The theme of the race is a mixture of the roaring 20's and 50's mobster. But the shadow government has more of a modern corporate look with the highest tier members wearing very slick (in a somewhat literal sense) executive suits.

That's just a bit of it, really; just read the OP.

5. SirDakishi

SirDakishi Starship Captain

Brilliant. Love it, you got my support on this one.

6. Khataclysme

Khataclysme Big Damn Hero

Yeah, that's cool :D

7. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Yes.

Kingpendragon likes this.
  8. Kingpendragon

Kingpendragon Big Damn Hero

If the devs don't add them, we do (modding). This race is too interesting to waste.

Unendingfear and Illumina like this.
  9. NiosDark

NiosDark Big Damn Hero

Good luck then.:sarcasm:

10. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This race is pretty cool
    the 50's mafia style,we could make a Godfather mafia
    and if this race be available i'll make an Don Vito Oscura

11. IReallyHateYouPeople

IReallyHateYouPeople Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like a great race, though may be changed a little.
    Doubt chucklefish will make a new stretch goal, but if they do like it maybe they could promise them for a future addition.

12. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

An eighth race is not hitting launch or the foreseeable immediate future. Which stinks because it leaves a very odd number of creatures to choose from. It'll force the character creator a redesign at least.

13. theMarg0r

theMarg0r Orbital Explorer

The character creator could also be made to use a scrollbar for race selection, so adding new races would be a non-issue, design-wise.

14. SomeJerk231

SomeJerk231 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This board has been getting some really creative suggestions as of late. This is definitely one of them. The only thing that's missing is sprites of these guys. Also I'm resisting the urge to post oil ocean from sonic 2.

Unendingfear likes this.
  15. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Oh, I read the OP. That bit about Osmosis Jones was a joke.

As for the theme, maybe it just doesn't appeal to me personally.
    It's hard to imagine over 10% of the game's lore being about mobsters and corrupt governments.

16. Khilandros

Khilandros Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The 50s gangster theme, Oh how I would love to have this race in game.
    Brilliant work! can't wait to see some sprites and whatnot.

17. I drew a thing for you, since I do love gangster characters.

[​IMG]

18. Fayorei

Fayorei Void-Bound Voyager

This race needs to be in the game. Such a cool idea. Roaring 20s/50s slick gogogogogo.:D

19. Unendingfear

Unendingfear Cosmic Narwhal

Wow, I must say I love it. ^^ Could I please use it for the header?

Oh, that's quite alright. Won't stop me from trying, though.

Yeah, sadly, I'm not a sprite artist. ^^; I wish I was, though.

Haha, nice. Could I pop that down for one of the pictures, please?

20. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

That right there is joe umbra, the newest member of the "other" police force, the police force that deals with people who cause the wrong kind of trouble. Seen here in his first mission, dispatching one of those pesky "freedom fighters"