1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Florans

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghostar, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

Aha! Thought of another:

3 - You see a wife? I see widow.

2. DeVoid

DeVoid Void-Bound Voyager

So yeah, I'm digging the evil plants. Probably play one myself.

P.S. After reading the comments of the original article , someone called them "murderplants" and I really like that nickname for them. Dost thou agree?

3. 404james

404james Big Damn Hero

well of course any description of a society will have some degree of generalization. but my point still stands.

also, in all three of the examples you just gave, it would require the character in question to either be cast out from their society, or to leave it to escape persecution. (this time the apex are the grey one: a capitalist apex might not be immediately taken in to the ministry, but it would be difficult to make any money without buyers, who would most likely not be mainstream apex.)

4. Admiral CherryTurnover

Admiral CherryTurnover Cosmic Narwhal

Oh boy, I could just see them having the ability to make weak clones of themselves as minions.
    I sure hope, for the other races' sake, there is some way to limit reproduction, like a special ritual or something. :laugh:

5. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

Zerg plants.

Farbius and Keeper like this.
  6. 404james

404james Big Damn Hero

they are a relatively primitive race. Perhaps their technologies are less advanced.

7. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Why do I suddenly feel the need to mod in a Salad Shooter?

8. Mako

Mako Void-Bound Voyager

First thought: Huh, kinda pretty
    Second thought: Uhh... carnivorous? Hmm... I'll ignore that for now...
    Third thought: Unisexual creature? Darn!

9. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Dontwannathinkaboutit
    dontwannathinkaboutit
    DANGIT YOU MADE ME REMEMBER!!

10. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

Love how these things looks so much, defiantly gonna play one as either my 2nd character or main :DD

Crystan likes this.
  11. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I was expecting Carnivorous Plant from when they revealed that large animated of the floran a while back.
    Why am I the only one of the people I speak to who is perfectly alright with tribal and aggressive plants?

12. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

you spoke to me and im pretty happy about carnivorous tribal man-plants, but apparently i dont exist. cool >_>

13. The Enlightened Grue

*regularly speak to about the various races.
    sorry phy D:
    oh, by the way, I'm getting pretty close to done with that sniper sprite. I just need to get the glasses right, then add various accessories. you wanna see? :p

14. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

why not, but show it on my profile, people got butthurt last time we went "off-topic"

15. Getting annoyed over people derailing a topic = butthurt. Okay.

I'm curious about the difference between the two types of florans shown in the race selection preview. Hm..!

16. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I think its "Male" and "Female" but thats just an appearance to follow the set up of all the other races. (since the others have Male/female versions) The Rhobots will probably have the same.

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. You must construct additional Herbicides.

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  18. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Official name for Robot race, or community made funny?

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. I will always call them Robbies, just as I will always call these guys Planties.

Anemia likes this.
  20. The Enlightened Grue

well, they'll either be named after Rho for some reason, or we'll just go ahead and call them the Tobor race.