1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Florans

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghostar, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Nymz

Nymz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

TottWriter, RustyJ and Rho like this.
  2. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

Plants are unisexual, but they have both male and female reproduction parts, so I guess they can be called bisexual. A flower has a male reproduction part 'anthers', and a female part is a 'stigma'.

FYI, I am actually talking about REAL plants, not the ones in the game, because that would be really weird o_O.

Just a random biology lesson.

3. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

This is kind of what Rho and I were going for.
    Personally (IDK about Rho), I like to think they'd have both parts. But not like, human naughty bits. Just how it normally works in plants.

4. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Welp, that settles that... the Florans are going to take over the world.

And lesbian...

5. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

They can make babies by themselves. Screw Eve, just need Adam lololololololololololololoolllloolololololololloolololololololololololololloololloolloololololololollololooolol
    (( STILL I wonder why no girls are in ABoL :L ))

6. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I love the different stances, this race just looks so badass. I'll still be human, but it will be wicked to see some of these Floran running around.

7. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

They eat people. I called it. :love:

Suddenly loving Florans the most.

tupachologram likes this.
  8. 404james

404james Big Damn Hero

I've said this before, in the thread discussing the teaser for this race a while ago, but I seriously hope we get at least one race that tries to be at least diplomatic about things. I mean, first, we have humans, and as we all know from personal experience, humans are all jerks. then we have the avians, who are a bit grey. I don't remember if they covered foreign policy, but they seem like they'd be super zealous about their whole religion thing, which kind of puts me off. Then, we have the apex, and their society is essentially a bizarre caricature of an Orwellian dystopia, with obvious and deliberate parallels to 1984. now, we have these guys who are, let's not beat around the bush, essentially just daleks made of plant.

in conclusion, I don't want starbound to turn into Warhammer 40,000. It seems like a bad direction to go with the fiction in my opinion. let's have a race of merchant robots or something.

9. Sad Face

Sad Face 2.7182818284590...

Seriously though...what did they do to warrant the assassin on the roof?

11clock and Soup like this.
  10. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

yeah but thats a generalization to present them. its like saying americans are all obese, gun-toting christian fanatics (disclaimer : exagerated metaphor).
    there's obviously exception to the rule, you're character being the first one. you can be a vegeterian floran, an atheist avian or a capitalistic apex if you want :p

11. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

I think they invaded a robot planet. Soon there will be V8 for everyone!

Chaos_of_Ages likes this.
  12. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

1 - Apex: It's what's for dinner.

2- *rolls your eyes*

Chaos_of_Ages and Epicface like this.
  13. Relevant to dinner

14. tupachologram

tupachologram Orbital Explorer

Ugh the Florans are so bad ass!! I knew I smelt some similarity to the Bosmer. I can't wait to play them.

15. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

brace yourselves, fanfiction is coming

Crystan likes this.
  16. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

"50 petals of grey"...

Gay, Ephexis, TottWriter and 3 others like this.
  17. Skipping over ALL of the posts, I really love this species. The face design is so adorable~

It seems you guys were very adamant on not having nice plant people, which is fine. The concept does take you by surprise, since their sprite looks very friendly.

Chaos_of_Ages and Epicface like this.
  18. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Their sprite doesnt look that much like the art, to be honest >_>"

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Xendhaius

Xendhaius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The most effective and dangerous predator, is the one you don't see as threatening.

20. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I still think they're rather evil myself.
    [​IMG]

Axe Garian likes this.