1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Florans

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghostar, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

Crushing the strong and leaving the weak to lament their weakness is the point, ergo your understanding of the nature of "Crushing your foes" is flawed :p

WoxandWarf likes this.
  2. Con7Rad7

Con7Rad7 Giant Laser Beams

Yes, but when the enemy just grows back and returns to full strength, but now with the will to get vengeance on you, that is not following to the point of "crushing your foes"

Besides, assimilating them is way better and easier than completely eradicating, and should be used in place of this.

And we're talking about murderous plants, they wouldn't lament their weakness, they'd just go straight for revenge.

3. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

And then you crush them again. You teach them the futility of their ways, generation after generation, crushing them into dust and leaving the weak to survive with a shred of hope, only to tear it from their claws and laugh in their face.

Until it is instilled into their very being that to dare to oppose you is to die. :D

There is no assimilation, there is only the superiority of the machine race. All inferior biological organisms that refuse to follow our grand design shall be eradicated, but not before we drill into their very core of their being that they are no more than powerless specks of dust adrift in the cosmos, that exist only upon our express desire.

4. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Gonna go slightly off topic here and say that what your saying sounds exactly like the cyber men from the Doctor who series,
    How they make people like them and kill who refuse to join there "grand design"

5. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Yea, I'm hoping the cyber men make a cameo in Starbound.

6. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

Well, it's not an entirely "alien" concept at any rate. Fairly regular occurrence in tribal warfare as I understand it.

7. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Who/What is Chum The Waters?

8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

No idea, but screw that.

Ya wanna bust Florans... let them use their Sunny Day attack to boost their Energy Regen along with their use of their Native Armor Set Bonus, then Flamethrower them all down with the Boosted Fire Damage FTW!!! :p :lolwut:

That's how ya deal with Florans. :giggle:

Epicface likes this.
  9. Mr. Electric Ocean

Mr. Electric Ocean Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to see Florans being able to change their appearance by consuming different plant life. For an example, a Floran exploring a planet covered in blue foliage could eat a leaf and blend in.

Cloudhopper likes this.
  10. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Somehow, I think that would count as a Racial Ability, & Racial Abilities are already a no-go.

11. Anris

Anris Phantasmal Quasar

I'd just bring a team of kill droids to wipe out the pesky ones,see them shooting arrows while I'm FIRING MAH LAZER!

12. Mr. Electric Ocean

Mr. Electric Ocean Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, you're right. We'll leave it to the modding community later on.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

A decently sized organisation revolving on the fact that Hylotls > Florans.

14. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Its a corp?
    I wanna see :OOOOOOOO

15. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Not a corp, a clan.

Epicface likes this.
  16. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Two words:
    Fish sticks.

17. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

First thing I thought of: the south park episode concerning that particular source of food.

Patrick and WoxandWarf like this.
  18. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Conclusion: 50% chance that CtW likes fish sticks.

19. d3v3l

d3v3l Guest

Can Florans fart chloroplasts?

20. d3v3l

d3v3l Guest

ROFL - Dangit!!! :rofl: