1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Florans

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghostar, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins Pangalactic Porcupine

Humans bruise reddish purple from haematoma, because the blood's red. But plants are basically all green, so yeah :3
    This also gave me an idea. It'd be kind cool if the player's sprite changed depending on recent injuries, like scratches and nicks maybe.

2. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

That would probably be to much trouble to code,
    And I'd much rather the developers focus on other things then that.

3. Jenkins

Insignificant but cool. I mean, your Floran could be fifty shades of green! I bet something like that could be worked as a type of Client-Side Texture mod anyway. Maybe not body-part specific, if that's not part of the game, but still you could look grizzled until it wears off.

4. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Then maybe this book was about Florans!

5. Jenkins

I can say it more than likely is :p
    Seeing as how there's no martians soooo

6. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Aren't we talking about lore n' stuff?

Epicface likes this.
  7. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

We are talking about anything Floran related,
    That was Floran related.
    Rubby rubby rub rub :3

8. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

alright, I want to check here before I go to report a bug.
    has anyone else been noticing this thread stop giving them alerts if they don't check alerts for a while (away from site, etc.) then the alert disappears, and you no longer receive an alert for the thread until you return to check whats going on?

Axe Garian and Epicface like this.
  9. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

If you ignore an alert you will stop receiving alerts on that thread.

10. Con7Rad7

Con7Rad7 Giant Laser Beams

Are you sure your not instead only getting one alert? I thought it stopped giving mew alerts a bit yesterday, but seems fine now.

11. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Im pretty sure. I went away for a while, the only starbound page I keep open is the "Yes? Ok..." to enter the forums so I can get in 5 seconds quicker. I only realized that people hadn't just exhausted the topic when I saw that General Discussions most recent post was from this thread.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Alright guys, I think this topic has derailed enough from general Floran discussion.
    Butt rubbing is funny and all, but let's not continue to fill up this discussion thread with it. I think we've talked about it enough now.

I'm going to go through the last few pages and clean up everything that has, like, nothing to do with Florans. There are a few.

Ephexis, WoxandWarf, Jenkins and 3 others like this.
  13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

My apologies if i'm one of the offenders... I resisted the temptation for so many Pages... I swear I did my best...

One thing i've been curious about... Bugs are a potential source of Meat, so do Florans do Bug-Eating?

14. Con7Rad7

It's all fun and butt rubbing until the mod comes on....

So rerailing the discussion anyone?
    I got something, so it's pretty much confirmed that florans make seeds and those become new florans, right?
    Well, would the seeds just be regularly planted, or, would they be planted in the corpse of a dead animal, since they're, well, carnivorous plants...
    I can imagine it now, your walking along and see a dead human and you're all like "eww" and jump over it when a bucking floran chest-bursts from the corpse and starts attacking you, still covered in the blood of the corpse....
    .....yes, that's extremely creepy....

Sidhean, Jenkins and Axe Garian like this.
  15. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Alright.... I think I got most of it...
    Geez, 3 pages you guys.

Let's try to keep it less about how Florans rub butts together (and butt rubbing in general), and more about, well, other Floran-related things.

Oh man, I really like the idea of them planting seeds in corpses. It's so creepyyyyyy. And it makes me think of those wasps that will lay eggs inside caterpillars.

WoxandWarf, Epicface and Axe Garian like this.
  16. Con7Rad7

I'm still dissapointed that you declined my butt rub... :( oh well...

I feel the need that florans have to become the creepiest race...

Wasps that lay eggs inside catepillars? o_O TO GOOGLE, AWAY!!!

17. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

If they did that, it will remind me heavily of those zombie like things in Mass Effect :O
    They scared me, hopefully these guys wont. Probably not cuz their gonna be like a bush :rofl:

18. Platipus

Platipus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So if Florans are cannibals can we randomly stroll into a town and decide to eat everyone? I mean, it's a possibility.
    [​IMG]

WoxandWarf, Sidhean and Epicface like this.
  19. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Not to that extend I would think :p
    They (hopefully) have SOME sense of decency.
    Just eat the dead ones :p

20. Con7Rad7

Nah, They'd prob start ganging up to eat you instead....

....then use your remains for their seeds...

Epicface likes this.