1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Florans

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghostar, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

It wouldnt be like If your female you need to be a gatherer, no we just used common examples.
    And, people not getting hung up on mating? Come on, heh.
    edit:
    Umm. No... I dont think they would make fruit. The females might have their flowers brighten to show they had a child, then a different color when they have it as a toddler and teen, then normal when their child is an adult. This is just a random idea though, I dont really like it, but improvisery must be made eh? Adaption leads to satisfaction.

2. Spike

Spike Supernova

It'll be awesome if Florans could spawn little babies to help them fend off enemies!

Also, Tiy once stated that the reason the Devs are not being too active on the forum is because they're working hard on the code. This isn't well.

3. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

don't worry Spike.
    I assume that a handful got interested in the community reaction to the new Lore release.
    then it all became this.

Epicface likes this.
  4. Con7Rad7

Con7Rad7 Giant Laser Beams

.....I'm going with the fruit, then they could throw the fruit at enemies, and literally attack stuff with their unborn children....

5. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

idk!!
    Don't quote this as canon or anything, because yeah, we didn't really think about that. I like to think that maybe they just produce seed pods or buds or whatever. No traditional big-bellied pregnancy or something. Just vomit up a seed pod like it's no big deal.

blind sniper, Axe Garian and Epicface like this.
  6. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Well it's official,
    When game comes out I am making hive incubators.

7. Con7Rad7

Eh, vomit seed pods:x

Wouldn't it be plants so the reproduction organs would be external to catch pollen? It wouldn't work internal since it's a plant.

I like fruit as the option, then again seed pods are technically fruit....

Epicface likes this.
  8. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Thats what I thought!
    Well. I thought the females top flower comes in, then the pod shoots out gently, and the flower comes back which is why the flower changes color.

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

...Or, Florans have to equip a hat in order to spawn pods, since, you know, races can't have perks outside of crafting stuff.

10. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They could have gardens that hold their growing baby flower things.

11. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Well, unfortunately, races don't have any special abilities. At all.
    Picking your race is pretty much just going "What do I want to look like while I'm playing?"
    There is no advantage to playing one race over another.

Also, I'm not a coderrrr! I just manage wallpapers and design things once in a while. :eek:

Hey, I didn't say it had to be pretty!

Maybe they are external. I'm just saying that there aren't, y'know, the traditional ~animal~ reproductive organs. It's kind of why I'm just like THEY JUST RUB BUTTS.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Spike

Spike Supernova

Why catch your pets when you can grow them? You can be a villain who use your own babies for kamikaze attacks.

Epicface likes this.
  13. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

TBH: This mating way is pretty cool. Interesting.
    So that means that its just aesthetics? Apex are just holograms of humans, holograms of avians.
    All of it is a lie. We are all human in this game. Just like the game we are playing now.
    We play it always. All day all night. The game of Life.

14. Spike

Spike Supernova

Guys, guys. Let's not get derailed. This thread is about kinky floran butt-rub, not holograms.

15. MiniCoder

MiniCoder Pangalactic Porcupine

This game is gonna be AWESOME! Keep up the good work devs ;) P.S. LOVE the idea behind the Florans!

Epicface likes this.
  16. Haruhi Suzumiya

Well, when Starbound gets released, I am going to search everywhere for some butt rubbing Floran thing :p

Epicface likes this.
  17. The Enlightened Grue

yeah, the water guys look pretty neat.
    I'm putting down 30% of this on them being part-slime or being labeled as "slime-like" or "slimes" or "amorphous beings" somewhere in their backstory.

I'd ask if there was any word of when we'd recieve that, but this is a topic about flower-people.

speaking of those, do they prefer harvesting Solar Energy to using other forms of energy like natural gasses?

WoxandWarf likes this.
  18. Haruhi Suzumiya

I'm probably going to be human or floran, whichever I feel like being on the day I buy Strabound :3

19. Con7Rad7

Im definantly going floran.....

Now then.... would it berape if i rubbed another species with my butt then?

Epicface likes this.
  20. The Enlightened Grue

I imagine it would be like aggressively rave-grinding against someone while at a waltz.

Epicface likes this.