1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Medical Potions 1.10 [Pleased Giraffe]

Craft your own very powerful Medical Potions.

1. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

- delete mod
    - load the savegame
    - re-install the mod
    - load the savegame for testing

2. NeoVanAlemania

The user soler91 told me the reason for this. (Many thanks :))
    Can it be that you installed others mods with a player.config file which doesn´t use merge in the player.config?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  3. MentolDP

MentolDP Space Hobo

Sorry, I was gone for supper... and yes I do have mods without the player.configs but they don't affect others. Also, I did what you told me and I still can't get the potion crafting table in the normal crafting table

4. NeoVanAlemania

There are no mods with player.config files without merge?

5. NeoVanAlemania

I can unlock the recipe until the player collect one plant fiber or something like that, as a second possibilty to get the recipe. That must solve this problem with incompatibility to other mods. Did you tested it wihout any other mods of course?

6. MentolDP

MentolDP Space Hobo

I did, and what I meant is I do have other mods installed that do not use the __merge

7. NeoVanAlemania

Yes and that is the problem right now. The load order of the mods is wrong so it happens the following:

1. Medical Potions loaded and merge the player.config with the original one (and add the recipe to tier 1).
    2. Other mods without merge overwrites the changes of Medical Potions (the recipe from tier 1 is missing).

To make it compatible with those mods I can unlock the recipe by collecting a plant fibre too, for example.

8. MentolDP

MentolDP Space Hobo

Or make it change the load order by changing the spot of the folder...

9. NeoVanAlemania

I think you need a mod manager to organize that.

Or do you mean to put in another folder than "mods"?
    This needs to modify the bootstrap.config in the win32 folder. That´s not the best way to handle it i think.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  10. MentolDP

MentolDP Space Hobo

Oh, I assumed mod load order = order of the mod files in the /mods folder... guess not. But the plant fiber one is pretty good... can you make it so it's when the player gets a pixel? More common than plant fiber =P

11. NeoVanAlemania

Oh no. :D

The load order is an internal process of the game. I dont know wether mod managers can change the load order at the moment (I don´t use them).
    I think we need to give the game a second way to receive the recipe, for the compatiblity to other mods without merge. I don´t understand why people do not use this great function....

Do you want you tell me your installed mods without the player.config merge?

EDIT: But plant fibre is an ingredient of the potions? ^^

12. MentolDP

MentolDP Space Hobo

I guess, but people do not know unless they have the table which they cannot craft =p and I have Liquid Extractor mod that doesn't use it

13. NeoVanAlemania

Haha. :D

Yes some mods need more changes in the player.config so that they can´t use merge only. But i saw many many mods they just add one recipe and doesn´t used it. But that is an other thing. But by the way: Liquid Extractor doesn´t have a player.config and the Capsule Machine uses merge as well (in the newest version, I don´t know which one do you use). Which mods do you use overall?

I just add a second way to get the recipe now to solve this problem forever.
    Maybe with an item to get or as default recipe without the regular crafting table.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  14. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Medical Potions with a new update entry:

New Potions, Design improvements, Compatiblity

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. MentolDP

MentolDP Space Hobo

Thanks for the awesome update and keep up the hard work! Quick suggestion, the glow potion already exists, it's the yellow stimpack (iirc)

16. NeoVanAlemania

I know, but potions has more style than stimpacks and stimpacks are not craftable right?
    And thanks! :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  17. NeoVanAlemania

18. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Medical Potions with a new update entry:

Update to Furious Koala, New Potions, Bug fixing

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

Would it be possible to make this mod work in conjunction to Liquids Extractor? Then you could use water from the pods to make the potion flasks.

20. NeoVanAlemania

It would be possible but that is not other than the newest medical potions versions which create water from e.g. snow blocks or what ever. The best solution would be to collect water directly from the planets, so we have to wait for the development of starbound that we can do it or not? :)