1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Matter Constructor 0.2.1

Use the magic of science to make resources out of nothing but pixels!

1. Xzereus

Xzereus Void-Bound Voyager

Xzereus submitted a new mod:

Material Constructor - Use the magic of science to make resources out of nothing but pixels!

Read more about this mod...

RustRedRobot likes this.
  2. skykain

skykain Orbital Explorer

nice and balanced, I like it

3. Xzereus

4. Xzereus

Thanks for the feedback. I have noticed some very unbalanced activity when used with the Matter deconstructor mod, but this is just because the values of items like beds are set to high (iron bed is 1500px. Combine that with this mod and you have unlimited ores). I am plannign to release an update to change the values of those items.

5. Xzereus

6. RustRedRobot

RustRedRobot Poptop Tamer

Well done little mod. It helps shift the grind/play ratio in a more favorable direction.

7. devil-z

devil-z Intergalactic Tourist

The game was crashed. What is the issue in this new 0.1.3 version.

8. Xzereus

9. devil-z

devil-z Intergalactic Tourist

Oh, It works!! Thank you.

10. DomD777

DomD777 Space Hobo

But... It gets so easy to find this stuff once your established in the game, and there are countless planets to explore. Space exploration and going with the flow, that's the whole point of space travel-based games, baby!

11. Xzereus

You definitely can find some of this stuff easily, but it takes some of the frustration out of finding lots of one ore and none of another. If you have any suggestions to balance this or make it more useful, let me know.

12. Xzereus

13. DomD777

DomD777 Space Hobo

Sorry if I was off base, Tier 10 planets have all ores but iron, and upgrading is easy enough, I was just being simplistic about it through consideration of normal progression in the game. I was only basing this off of being able to make what we need to get to tier 10 (to get abundant resources easily) through the 1-3 days I had initially played the game.

I am not doubting the usefulness or helpfulness of the mod you made, its fairly genius, actually. I am just baffled at how this is necessary when the game is already pretty plentiful of resources when you explore the game enough.

14. Xzereus

Oh, I agree. I made this almost entirely due to my frustration with finding everything but iron ore :). I also got tired of finding planets with vines just to grab quick resources for bandages, so I added that in. And at that point I figured I might as well just include them all. I certainly agree that most ores are very simple to find and are quite plentiful.

I also had in mind that perhaps some other mod makers (see: mass effect mod and their "eezo") might add support for the constructor. This would definitely make the mod more useful.

15. Xzereus

16. BeeTee

BeeTee Big Damn Hero

Didn't wanna leave a bad review for a bug, but I can't seem to find the matter constructor at any crafting station or C menu, I've used all starmaps and triple checked :\ Could you please look into it?

17. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm, some sort of block dispensing thing for many of the materials you can find, but cannot create? One such thing for me would be the Pressurized Steel stuff, as I use them extensively, but cannot get them without spawning them in or raiding literally hundreds of planets.

18. Spatial_Pioneer

Spatial_Pioneer Void-Bound Voyager

could you go into more depth about 'adding your own recipies'? I can't seem to get it to work.

19. Xzereus

20. Xzereus