1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mating?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tmonster, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

(this parts off topic!) that would be hilarious. but then again my parents wouldn't let me play it. ok guys for all you guys who are like ( just to hopefully stop people from doing something like this ) " yOu GUyS R IMAturE! TaLKing boUT sEx "
    It's a part of life deal with it, and back on topic i say there should be breeding because if you find two SUPER-DUPER-UBBER -MOOPER rare monster and you want a lot of them then do you want to hunt them down for 5 real life years? or just make them have children? besides it could be like minecraft they have a heart aura and get really close nothing graphic and maybe the other either gets "fat" and after a while it pops out or it just fly's right out of no where. you make the choice

2. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I was joking above, but mating fits in perfectly with my invasive species suggestion (see in suggestions).
    The aliens in the movie Aliens must of had some weird sex - just imagine.....
    Coming up with different ways that monsters/aliens/creatures reproduce might be a great way to add depth to a sci-fi game.

3. Momiji Inubashiri

Momiji Inubashiri Void-Bound Voyager

The animation for a child being born would probably just be it popping out of the female. Or male, depending on the species. (Stupid Fairly Odd Parents..)

Sir ceil likes this.
  4. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:saywhat:
    Someone please give me an imagination-eraserD:

MurkyDragon likes this.
  5. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

6. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?
    Why you are doing this... with my mind?..:cry:
    But yes, it works. I totally forgot previous thing.:ssssssssss:

MurkyDragon likes this.
  7. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

There is nothing wrong with two smexy female dragons going at it...
    Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom "if you know what i mean" *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

blind sniper likes this.
  8. Sir ceil

hey guys i maybe we should get Tiy to look at this an make him decide.

9. Sir ceil

Oh and maybe random species on and off screen have sex or at least try to with other species or the same species

MurkyDragon likes this.
  10. Sir_Animus

Sir_Animus Title Not Found

I do like the idea of having some kind of mating/breeding system in the game. I found the animal husbandry aspect of Minecraft to be quite enjoyable. Building a penguin ranch in space that lets me farm eggs and feathers for whatever those items might be used for just seems like a lot of fun. Maybe you could only ranch certain species in certain environments, like a space slug might need a mossy cave while the penguins would need an arctic type of environment.

11. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

Cloning animals and maybe yourself?

12. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

i thought u meant player and player, or player and NPC. xD

13. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

So... we go out and find an alien species, abduct it from its home and family, lock it in a room with another, completely different species, and force them to mate against their will just to see what will come out of it?

Eh, why not? It IS for science after all, and that makes it A-Ok!

14. qsdcv

qsdcv Void-Bound Voyager

I always do this with earth creatures, why not?

15. Layfonz

Layfonz Void-Bound Voyager

That would put a really cool perspective in the game and make things more intense plus it would be a cool thing to look forward to :)

16. Rarrl

Rarrl Void-Bound Voyager

I'm down with animal husbandry, but I don't think the player should be able to "mate" with other npcs, if you know what I mean.

17. Sir ceil

well i think the player should have sex with any npc or animal they want!

18. Vinnamon_Buns

Vinnamon_Buns Void-Bound Voyager

They could reproduce with Eggs/Pods. Which you could then kidnap and stuff so you can raise them as your own!
    But yeah, they allowed Mating in Spore, so they can allow mating in Starbound. :cool:

19. Sir ceil

eggs really? i

20. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Facehuggers, anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.