1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mating?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tmonster, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tmonster

Tmonster Phantasmal Quasar

Well yea what if one species meet's another and you know
    BOOOOOOOOOOINGGGG ;) And what will happen? Will it have a affect? What will it look like?
    Well if you got any idea give some feed

Layfonz, xXSunSlayerXx and Lactose like this.
  2. Lactose

Lactose Poptop Tamer

Milk and Butter = AWESOME :D

Tbomb likes this.
  3. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, how about a breeding system for monsters you've captured?
    It's Pokemon all over again.

4. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And we also need heart shaped beds in our spaceships!

5. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

A useless system for me I plan on making all worlds uninhabited wastelands that are charred form the outside in.

Sir ceil likes this.
  6. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So you are going to turn your planet into a vegetable?

Solum, xXSunSlayerXx and Stompopolos like this.
  7. 777eza

I'm afraid that the radiation will make it impossible to grow vegetables for a really really long time on my planets.

Hazmat2142 likes this.
  8. Admiral Obvious

Charred. Is the correct spelling. Chard is a leafy vegetable.

Hazmat2142 and Stompopolos like this.
  9. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I am practically sure that devteam does not consider adding any sexual contact between different races in any other way than maybe scarce, implied references. I mean, yeah, I know, tentacle planets are just asking for it but really, it's not such kind of game.

Be prepared to make some mods or whatever.

10. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

breeding i like it
    [​IMG]

11. Admiral Obvious

I think the max that this game is going to be rated is (T), and they aren't shooting for that.

12. Tmonster

:D lol Shouldn't it be:
    IF YOU KNOW WHAT I BEAN?

LastDay and Breather like this.
  13. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

There's an unnecessary period after "Charred", making both your first and second sentence into sentence fragments. :DD

Solum, LastDay and 777eza like this.
  14. Admiral Obvious

I'm not a grammar nazi, just a spelling nazi. Cuz, you know, spell check.

xXSunSlayerXx likes this.
  15. 777eza

My bad wrote it in between a round of swat 4 I usually pick up on that.

I agree It isn't that logical in a 2d game where you can just spawn a creature off screen.

16. Witness

Spawning off-screen aside. After all it's just mechanics so you actually will get the damn creature without need for programmers to code in procreation, maturation etc of every mob. The same way most of any other game aside from biosphere simulators work where you don't expect that the game actually simulated, for example, some warrior's birth, childhood and life from before he got into that particular location so you can kill him in the next 10 second.

(Although, notably, Dwarf Fortress gives every more-or-less sentient creature a history.)

I just think that Starbound is not a game where the subject of procreation or at least techicalities of it will be regarded in any other than really scarce and vague way. Most players, aside from those driven by morbid curiosity or somewhat tabu fetishes won't really expect to be encouraged to even consider how some of their enemies procreate and how do they look during intimate time.

Although now I do expect Rule 34 to be invoked at some point.

17. Tmonster

Any you guys stay on topic? Because most post aren't really talking about the Subject....

Ghostar likes this.
  18. Witness

It kinda is, but to refer directly to your first message:
    Nothing will happen and it will look like nothing because procreation between different races won't be tracked by the game and possible effects of such won't be implemented. At most I'd expect some NPC mention that he's half-[this or that race].

Game mechanic's aside? Everything may happen. Though realistically, probably nothing would happen as different species have genome different enough to make procreation rather impossible, at least without really heavy and advanced bio-engineering.

19. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

If its in at all I would expect it to be something like "X breeds with Y and you get either X or Y" not "X with a little Y, or maybe even a Z" That or only same animals could breed. (like Cows in Minecraft)

LastDay likes this.
  20. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Yes, this game is going to be rated X and no one under 18 be allowed to own it. ;)
    There is going to be sex in space...trans-species sex, and even trans-dimentional sex!
    The goal of the game will be to populate as many planets as possible....

Joxalot and Sir ceil like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.