1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Mantis Race 0.6.7 [Spirited Giraffe]

A race of paleontologist insects bent on unravelling the secrets of the universe.

1. Setrilo

Setrilo Phantasmal Quasar

Setrilo submitted a new mod:

Mantis Race - A race of paleontologists and explorers.

Read more about this mod...

2. Graal

Graal Big Damn Hero

3. Setrilo

That's absolutely hilarious, I completely forgot about that scene xD

4. Wildaces22

Wildaces22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That has to be the intro for this race nuff said lol

Zalgo the GodEater and Graal like this.
  5. Rizzozo

Rizzozo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here is the Mantis I made :D. He can crush skulls with his powerful mandible.
    [​IMG]

I think all the different mandibles and antennae are a most excellent feature.
    Having different tail varieties would be sweet as well. If only just on/off. The race really reminds me of an ant species unfortunately rather than a preying mantis. I'm not good with sprites but maybe someone in the community can give some insight on how to really make it pop. Maybe like mantis arms coming out of the back of the shoulders or something. I dunno.

Either way, I love the concept and the face art and will be watching for more from this mod. Insect overlords ftw!

6. Setrilo

Thanks, glad you like it so far! I'll try experimenting with the arms and see what I can get out of it. I put in the topic post that it looks too much like an ant, but hey, it's my first shot at it, I'll see if I can improve that some. As for the abdomen/tail, I might include the option to remove it, but that I'm not sure there's a way to toggle it or swap between variations of it in the character creation screen...as far as I know at least. If anyone has any insight on how to do something like that, I'd love to add that as a feature!

Also I like the name you chose xD

7. Setrilo

8. Setrilo

9. Setrilo

10. Setrilo

11. Graal

Graal Big Damn Hero

I love the lore behind this race, just thought I'd let you know.

12. Setrilo

That's really great to hear, thanks! I'll make sure to add new quests and eventually books expanding on the lore scattered about like the other races.

13. Setrilo

14. Setrilo

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Graal likes this.
  15. SicariusCalgar

SicariusCalgar Void-Bound Voyager

16. Unifel

Unifel Void-Bound Voyager

Love the race! Only thing that actually bugs me is the lack of a way to make more of those amber blocks... I wanted them to be the background of a cave-house, but I've only got the 32... Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

Relten likes this.
  17. Setrilo

I was actually planning in the next update the ability to heat up the resinberry in a furnace to make it. I'll work on that now, it should be in within the next hour or so!

18. Setrilo

Setrilo updated Mantis Race with a new update entry:

Mantis Race Update 0.3.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

I love them and plan on playing as one after the coming wipe, I would like to ask if maybe u could add the Amber color as a body color :)

20. Setrilo

I could add a sort of orange color, yea. There are many different species of praying mantis.