Make pets optional

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Skrofler, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Skrofler

Skrofler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like to have the option to get rid of or hide my ship pet, for reasons as numerous as they are obvious.
    That is all.

This should be an easy one. Make a settings option that says 'disable ship pet' yes/no.

Kaede Grimwater and Jappards like this.
  2. garglingglass

garglingglass Void-Bound Voyager

My one and only reason: I absolutely hate cats (as well as almost all pets and animals) This has my vote and blows my mind that it's been forced on me since they added it.

3. Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

4. Alexthe666

Alexthe666 Starship Captain

I can understand hating cats.
    can understand hating dogs.
    I can't understand hating all PETS AND ANIMALS! Wow. You don't even have a favorite animal?

Jappards likes this.
  5. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

Just ignore your pet...

6. AngelusNox

AngelusNox Void-Bound Voyager

I would ... but this B$%&/ always stands in front of containers or triggers sensors.

And no please! Why Mods for everything? Why not stop improving games in general and let the modders do the (unpaid) work?
    Dude some of those Features that are fixed by mods atm. i just fear that those problems will never be solved for vanilla.
    Pets where a strech goal and supposed to be Fun. The explanation why you cant choose your Pet is BS. You get a Random Pet because thats on the ship you where escaping with?
    Yeah! And ist so Random that the Ship for some magic reason always matches your Race :p BS!

7. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I kinda wish they were optional as well.

8. garglingglass

The wild kind, out of sight and out of mind.

9. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

They devour everything I can drop. For example, antidotes, which I needed.

10. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

Honestly, I think this is a conplelty idiotic complaint. It's just such a small insignificant thing to be butt hurt about.

11. garglingglass

If it's that insignificant than it shouldn't be forced in the first place. In fact, nothing about a game about CREATION should be forced. If you don't care, then keep your pet. We do.

12. Skrofler

Skrofler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I eventually settled for the expensive solution; upgrade the ship and lock the pet up in a small room.
    I recently rolled a new character though and boy am I grinding to get that first 10k.

I just wish there was an easier solution... a final solution!