1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Loved this game until the 1.0 update, now its unplayable and I need answers

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gretzel, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Gretzel

Gretzel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After finding that the LAN doesn't work like it did two days ago, I eventually fixed that issue and was able to connect to myself. I had wiped Starbound prior to the update so it is 100% fresh 1.0 vanilla only and still is. Yesterday I played briefly with someone else, did the earth start, left off on the tutorial planet.

Today I went back, played briefly again before we realized we'd have to do this planet separately to collect all the stuff we needed. I closed the server, went to load singleplayer on the character I was JUST playing and then it went to an infinite loading screen. I closed it, restarted, same thing. I made a new character; same thing. Now the game won't load anymore at all.

I had played for about 100 hours and never ran into any issues other than the wonky fullscreen resolution being finicky. I want to enjoy this new update but it is fighting me every step of the way and has made a great game that worked fine into a broken mess.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with this and how I can avoid it? I'm not playing anymore if my save data gets ruined after playing for 20 minutes.

davideschiliro likes this.