1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lopunny Race Mod PG V0.1

Add Lopunnys as a playable race.

1. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

Works wonderful for me! Thanks! :D

Now I can dig a new "Bunny Hole" Home. xD

2. VanishMode

VanishMode Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. Alerin_Galencer

Alerin_Galencer Void-Bound Voyager

Well Ochiru, unfortunate circumstances like the one you went through can come without warning and well it does put a bit of damage to how you want to do things so, sometimes its best to wait it out and let time pass and if someone is willing to help or something comes up.

So thats what you meant by work huh? well Actuality I wanted to actually try to help by doing the same thing make the mod be available but, I guess you did the job before I could, my Laptop had got blackscreened but it wasnt like I could do anything for mods anyway I have very little knowledge of how those work on starbound...

4. SixtySomething

SixtySomething Void-Bound Voyager

5. VanishMode

After unzipping the file, did you open the folder and moved the "lopunny" or "lucario" folder to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods ?

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Did you install it correctly? Also, on the same page, I linked to SolaerSelect which is what I use. It works. And so does the Lopunny mod.

7. SixtySomething

Ah, right. That was the problem.
    Thank you for taking time to help me with that, I should have known to check inside the folders to see if everything was in order. I have checked that stuff before but forgot to check it this time.

8. VanishMode

9. Ochiru Yuki

Ochiru Yuki Existential Complex

okies im back and now able to fix somethings as well as put in new content.

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Mackinz

Back to sprite-work now? :D

In my opinion, the Lopunny shouldn't have such a bright red as a color choice. Maybe make it a bit duller?

Edit: Maybe like this?

[​IMG]

11. Ochiru Yuki

Ochiru Yuki Existential Complex

:rofl: i need to get a image workshop program right now...
    ill take note of this tho...

12. Mackinz

I'd offer to help you sprite, but I gotta get to class. Maybe I can help later?

13. VanishMode

Glad to have you back.

14. Mackinz

Okay guys, I decided I'd try and help out Ochiru in my own ways.

Ignoring the ear fluff for now, which face style do you prefer:

[​IMG]

Edit: Another option!

[​IMG]

Edit 2: It looks even better with fur that matches!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  15. SixtySomething

I like it with the nose visible, but I think the shape of the head is not very Lopunny-like. The last two are close, but not quite there yet.

Might I suggest you look at sprites from Pokemon games as reference? That is, if you don't already.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Mackinz likes this.
  16. Mackinz

Brah, I prefer using good fan-art as inspiration because the models in XY/ORAS aren't something you can zoom in on. and they move around. I think the last sprite looks pretty Lopunny-like except for how Lopunny only has one visible eye from that angle normally, and the ears are a bit more pronounced (but I intentionally reduced them for reasons). Do you have any ideas?

Also, I added two lines of coding to lopunny.species and now all the fluff changes color at the same time.

17. VanishMode

Diamond and Pearl's sprites might be usefull maybe Black and White also...and not only that but sprites from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and maybe Pokemon Conquest could be of help for reference.

Working with references makes everything better, in my opinion.

18. SixtySomething

I was talking about sprites from Gen IV/V. I have tried making sprites for a different Pokemon species than the ones you have and I got good results from using sprites from those games as reference.
    But it is your choice. I'll not bring this up anymore if you're not interested.

19. Mackinz

I'm sorry if you are interpreting.y replies as hostile. They aren't. I just prefer looking a nice fan art or the official artwork over staring at sprites for ideas. Sadly, I'm now not at home so, if you have ideas for improving the faces, let me know!

20. SixtySomething

Alright, I know that.

I think an almond shape is best for the head.