Looking for info on where planet data is stored

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by AngleWyrm, Aug 30, 2017.

1. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've put together a relational database that I can do SQL queries on, such as 'show me all the planet types that have Iron' or 'show me all the planet types with a threat level of 4 or less.'

The data in it is only those planets that I have discovered in my initial orbit, a sort of growing collection. It's kind of interesting to add newly discovered items as part of a collecting process, but that requires an incomplete set rather than a completed one.

So I'm wondering if there might be a way to import data from the lua, xml, json, or whatever format this game uses to store info.

Where does Starbound store the info planet name, threat level, resources and weather?

For any who find SQL interesting, I've attached a zipped version of the database from OpenOffice.

Attached Files:

2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I am not sure if this info is even stored soemwhere or if this is generated by the seed eahc time you enter the game.
    you could have a look into the universe folder and look into the files of planets and see if the info is present.

3. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lush planets are always threat level Harmless (1), always have copper ore, and always have rain as a weather.
    That is the information I'm looking for.

4. Tentacle_Sashimi

Tentacle_Sashimi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the weather pattern used is in the biome file (garden.biome) which will indicate the pattern drawn from the separate weather.config file.

the ore distribution file probably contains most code for just that, though maybe also in the .biome for that planet type as well.

Not sure what indicates the planet as Harmless (1) but the types/levels of monsters both rng and static are also in the .biome for that planet type. So i'd start in the .biome

assets>biomes>surface>garden.biome (garden is what the code calls lush planets)

AngleWyrm likes this.