REQUEST Longer range for scarecrows.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Harunan, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Harunan

Harunan Void-Bound Voyager

I would love if I didn't have to have like 25 scarecrows on my farm.
    Maybe atleast double the range for them (I'd prefer if one would be enough for the whole area but that might be cheating too much.

MikSacred likes this.
    • MikSacred

MikSacred Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1 It does kinda take away from the cool scarecrow factor when they outnumber my farm animals and I keep walking into them

• cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

25 scarecrows what does your farm look like? how much are you growing? they already have such a long range https://stardew.info/planner/
        that website shows you the range on those things

MikSacred likes this.
        • MikSacred

Golly.. I had no idea. I suppose when I was reading the description I must have misunderstood. Now it all makes sense... lol ty for the enlightenment.

• cera12sim

like i have 4 scarecrows and it protects 693 crops.... and thats with overlapping sprinklers so i was just really confused :<

• MikSacred

I think maybe the problem is that the description as to how one works is similar to the sprinkers. It just says it covers 8 tiles. So, personally, I thought it only worked with little patches of crops, not realizing it meant 8 tiles outward, not total.

• cera12sim

oh yeah the description is weiiiirdd i just looked at my scarecrows and decided which ones werent scaring them you can right click them i think and itll tell you how many crows its scared
                in a normal growing season a scarecrow can scare up to 28 crows if your crows are achieving less than that then remove it

MikSacred likes this.
                • MikSacred

Yeah, I can see now. I feel kinda silly for misunderstanding the description but to be fair it's not super clear. Thanks for the info though, Now I can make my farm using only rarecrows and not worry about it lol.

Thanks, it's appreciated and I hope the OP finds this info useful as well.

• cera12sim

or you can just plan it out on the planner i linked and never have to worry about whether or not your scarecrow will actually scare crows xD its the lazy way~ :3