1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate 1.3 (Furious Koala)

Large, spacious ship with custom internals (powergamer edition)

1. beeftime

beeftime Void-Bound Voyager

By all means!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    tiltos likes this.
  2. beeftime

Still pushin' pixels. Real life is gonna get in the way for a little while, but I'll keep on a slow burn:

spreview1.png

Robot arm props for the next/final version of the ship, also to be released as props (ignore my bad transparency cutting for now)
    The ceiling-mounted medical arm that will be part of a medical table above where the teleporter is currently, and two lifting arms, one of which will be used in a cargo bay manager (that'll probably work as a big ship locker).

3. Beta_747

Beta_747 Void-Bound Voyager

I have one issue, and its most likely my own problem. I want to transfer the contents of my old ship onto this one is that possible without dumping it all onto a multiplayer world and them putting in back on this one? And what when the game updates will i lose all my ships, shippiness? I dont want to fill a ship wit my stuff and have in dissapear, that would be a tad irritating. Plus, does this work on multyplayer? THanks for the awesome mod though the ship is amazing! You kept with the starbound style perfectly!

4. beeftime

you could dump everything onto a planet, delete the character's .shipworld file, reload the game and pick your stuff back up.
    The next update is supposed to be a character wipe, so yeah, it's likely everything is going. The wages of beta I guess. If that bothers you, hold off until the update hits.

Also, currently, custom ship sprites don't work in multi (although the layout is preserved, so people can join you on your ship) but I'm working on some stuff with Ax.448, based off his research into how Starbound loads mods and .shipworlds. The next version I release should be significantly easier to install, and should allow other people to see your ship IF they have the mod installed (even if they're not using it)

Beta_747 likes this.
  5. Beta_747

Thanks for the info kinda important because i play mostly in multiplayer. Thanks again for the amazing mod ;)

6. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Exactly what I was looking for. Lots of space and a beautiful design!

I will make my own personal beach in the large area in the bottom. :)

Thanks for making this. I hope you create other ships like this in the future.

7. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, I totally forgot to mention something in the review, I'm so sorry. The up-and-down transit points (where the background is a tube going vertically) are off from being centered in the rooms they pass through by roughly one block. Lemme see about getting some screencaps so you can see what I'm talking about, but it's touching off my OCD like crazy when I can't adjust the every so slightly wrong up/down transit points.

And thank you for responding to my review so quickly! Your response to feedback is exemplary, and I wish more mod makers had your patience.

As an idea, make the aft 'room' of the cargo bay come with some consoles and wiring objects to simulate the office of the person overseeing the cargo bay. Maybe a desk, a 'cool computer' for doing wiring into the bay with, and maybe a few crates of each type int he cargo hold itself for decoration. As I use the creative mode mod to duplicate items I find (it's semi-legit! I have to find the decorations before I can use them, after all) it would be a great tool for general decoration.

As well, maybe a set of basic uniforms, or even doing some sort of added mod that puts in a 'crew spawner' that makes random races with a general template of wearing various-colored uniforms, to look like they're the crew on your ship, would be awesome.

Just as a thought, once you've completed this and start working on the next ship class for the Shipyard mod you mentioned wanting to make, perhaps a Corvette-class ship, something smaller and sleeker, about the size of the cockpit, main room, and 'lounge' room (or whatever the tiny upper room was supposed to be :p)

Anyhow, thanks for checking out my rambling, and if you ever want ideas for anything, hit me up. I read a ton of military sci-fi, and love the space navies. The work you've done on this frigate design is marvelous, and I can't wait to see more of what you're working on.

Beta_747 likes this.
  8. beeftime

Thanks a lot! You and I think a lot a like about design and layout, I think.
    The transit point centers - do you mean centered in the rooms in terms of general layout, or pixel alignment with the frame/background? I know the background is sometimes off by 1-2px, and that should be fixed in the next release.

Anyway, I plan on releasing the "final" version of this ship as part of the initial stages of my shipyard mod (the frigate being the newest model from a fictional heavy industries conglomerate), and the ship will be fleshed out with new furniture and fixtures from the mod. Here's the plan so far:
    The aft rooms will be Engine/FTL maintenance. I'll put the fuel hatch back there, as well as a high-tier compressor fixture that can smelt certain forms of matter into fuel, along with some decorative stuff (access hatches, tools storage, open, under-repair ducts, etc). The cargo bay will have a bay controller/cargo manager station that will act as an expanded ship's locker, as well as some futuristic-looking freight containers/tanktainers. I've got some general future-tech science stuff in the works for the reactor room and medbay/science lab, and then some shipyard branded decoration for the captain's quarters and barracks/mess (finding like "your new ship!" pamphlets and user manuals here and there might a nice touch). Maybe cryosleep pods for the barracks. Sooner rather than later I'll release a Mass Effect style navigation hologram table, as well as a background mounted teleporter (which will fit in the airlock under the bridge), and in the proper release I'll have decorative crew stations. Below the teleporter/airlock might be sensor/computer equipment, or, an armory.

And yeah, the next ship will definitely be smaller, haha. I'll probably do one or two with similar styling, and hopefully by then see how ships are handled closer to release.

I really like the crew idea, also! I think I can cook up a few spawners and crew uniforms (and maybe a roomba/maintenance droid spawner also)

Anyway, thanks again for the compliments and the good review

9. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

Very nice design work, good balance of layout/design spacing, lots of space to use without just being an awkward oblong shape or with an overly complicated deck arrangement. I think I'll be using this one in the future.

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with too. This is a promising start indeed, and probably one of the better original ships I've seen.

Might want to add a door connecting that little upper room near the top right to the bridge for ease of access though.

Ed: Do you have a template or .psd of the ship? If not, could help make recolouring faster, and allow people to make their own colour/pattern variants without too much trouble. Isolate all the coloured sections to their own layer, and markings to another layer.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  10. NotSame

NotSame Master Chief

Hi Beeftime, thought I'd post some screenshots of my ship. I finished wiring up most of it so now all the doors are automated. There's a functioning alarm system and even a firing range. I'm still working on the mess hall, entertainment room and med bay.

Since the images are fairly big i'll leave a link to the album instead.
    http://imgur.com/a/gZSBv

Thanks for the fantastic ship. It took a lot of time to wire the place up but damn was it worth it. I never have to open another door again!

beeftime likes this.
  11. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Guys, do you know if npcs can be spawned in ships? I had a doctor, but when I left the ship and came back he disappeared. I never spawned a npc in a ship before, but I imagine it is not a problem with this mod.

12. NANOKARMA

NANOKARMA Phantasmal Quasar

Do you have to delete the current files of the other ship you have?

13. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

14. Beta_747

OMG UR PROFILE PIC IS A CROMWELL and that idea of a fring range, awesom. Thats what im doing with my hangar. Ima also try to put big wwindows with a neat veiw of the planet in my meeting area/mess hall

15. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Heya. Just thought i'd let you know using your internals to redo a ship ^^

beeftime likes this.
  16. JesseKomm

JesseKomm Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Beeftime, I just want to say this ship's design is absolutely brilliant! Most people don't love simple blocky looks but I do. In addition I would like to inform you that I have been taking your ship's ultimate design and been piecing together my own smaller version of it, hope that is okay? However I am a little stumped on the block image, don't really know how to go about making it so that the game recognizes what is solid or not. Also I have been designing my own ship objects(locker, fuel hatch, tech station, etc.) to compliment the design of my ship.

When I get a more refined look I will post the image here.

17. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello there, We have selected your ship here to be featured in an upcoming "Craftable Ship Parts Overhaul" Mod to work in unity with the Fully Customizable Ship mod. We would like permission to use your Ship here and if any others would like to participate. We can add our own animations to your pieces, lights and sounds many cool things like that. Just let us know if your interested and we will open up our chop shop and get to work. It's a mod that many of us have wanted. So far people who have endorsed and supported this mod, major contributors are
    madtulip
    toomanysecrets
    alsehr
    spectreone
    punisherbr
    and myself.

Please Reply as soon as you can we should have a Mod WIP thread up soon before the end the Weekend with all details. You will be credited fully in each pieces item description.

18. beeftime

Yeah, that's totally fine. Just toss my profile link in the readme or something, if you could.

19. 28Mark

thanks beeftime...I'm working on the ship right now, we will probably add some animations would you like us to animated some of the sprites above here like that Medbay Robotic Arm and the Robot? We have animators that can do all the hard stuff like that myself included.

20. 28Mark

you want me to name it the Beefgate? ;) or just Logistics Frigate?