1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate Reborn v4.5c v. Spirited Giraffe

Logistics Frigate Reborn

1. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok checking on both now, thrusters will be second as they are cosmetic but will also look in to getting them working.

Kayuko likes this.
  2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

I'll cheer you on from over here in the meantime.

[​IMG]

If you're really stuck somewhere... you get the idea.
    Altho still I'm a little confused what's going on in here, maybe I should read the whole thread... x:

3. graycatgrayhat

@Ancev Caine Ok for the components you have to place down a 1x1 background for it to hang on. For the most part they only need a 1x1 but might just place a 4x4 then rehang them.
    Now for the windows I will post an update, all windows but the bridge will be cover able, but will still have window look under the backgound blocks.

Thrusters will take some time after work, I can solve these in less you really want to, working on Modular has furthered my pixel and animation skills. These will also need a updated download to edit the thrusters both in block.config and block png.[DOUBLEPOST=1435171814][/DOUBLEPOST]@Ancev Caine haha ok so I have news and bad news, pushing an update so all windows but the bridge can be covered, this will take a new ship world, swaping, or upgrading to go in to effect.

On the bad side the ship componets are still broken(I was wrong about the 1x1 area thing) as once taken down nothing can be placed at that location, working on a fix now but will be a bit maybe not tell later to day. I would almost wait for the compent fix and the thruster to update your ship as they will again need a new ship world, swaping, or upgrading to go in to effect.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  4. graycatgrayhat

Kayuko likes this.
  5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

6. graycatgrayhat

{
    "value" : [0, 0, 255, 255],
    "foregroundBlock" : false,
    "backgroundBlock" : true
    },

Is blue which stops foregound

{
    "value" : [255, 0, 0, 255],
    "foregroundBlock" : true,
    "backgroundBlock" : true
    },

Is the pink which allows both, for what ever reason this seems to work best.

7. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat updated Logistics Frigate Reborn with a new update entry:

Frigate booster.

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1435178887][/DOUBLEPOST]@Ancev Caine
    If you have questions about the frigate booster just ask, it should be a simple copy paste, of what I made.
    As I added the booster to each races block.config and then also added the color to the all the blocks.png
    Also I have changed the booster shape in the block.png to match up.
    Here is the snip for the block.config
    {
    "value" : [77, 71, 21, 255],
    "foregroundBlock" : false,
    "backgroundBlock" : true,
    "object" : "frigatebooster",
    "objectParameters" : {
    "unbreakable" : true
    }
    },

8. lazarus78

Ive honestly never had that problem... weird...

9. graycatgrayhat

Get it well it is HOT!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. lazarus78

Well geebus... I woulda sworn that blue allowed background blocks to cover... maybe they changed it at some point...

11. graycatgrayhat

Error in last upload.

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Mage_Ethatre

Mage_Ethatre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

tried downloading, got a 404 error

EDIT: and as I posted that, it was fixed

13. graycatgrayhat

Just pushing an update please try again :rofl:[DOUBLEPOST=1435259906][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I can not reproduce the error on my end, mind uploading the .log so I can take a look as if other experience this issue as well I want to know why.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  14. graycatgrayhat

With in the LogisticsFrigateReborn folder do you have this folder "objects\ship\frigatebooster" and does it have all these?

frigatebooster.frames
    frigatebooster.object
    frigatebooster.png
    frigateboosteron.frames
    frigateboosteron.png
    torchicon.png

The error I am seeing is saying it can not find the booster object.[DOUBLEPOST=1435265655][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Everything working out now?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  15. graycatgrayhat

@Ancev Caine The error I am seeing is related to this
    /ships/avali/avianT0.structure

The game can not find the file.

I would check to ensure it is as it should be and maybe run it through the JSON Validator to find any errors here http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/

16. graycatgrayhat

Booster fix, nothing more.

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1435346056][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That is very odd, oops on my part did not check on it during the testing :rofl: my bad. Also it should function just like the others sadly I do not know why it is not.

It is possible I could remove it from future builds and just have it unlocked at that tier to be placed at will? This would solve that problem and it is not a needed ship part in the same sense as say the techstation so one will not miss having it being pre placed.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  17. graycatgrayhat

Hey
    Everything looks in order :rofl:. On a side note the Avali mod is calling for the avian ship files, which does work fine. They are sub set under the Avali race folder, but they should call to avali files to just to make it clean. Going to lightly suggest this on the GITHUB for Avali as a future change/idea.

18. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Question on the upgrades on this.
    When you do upgrade this will it add on new parts from a smaller ship, or will it just unlock new areas?
    Cause i think it'll be a good idea to have it as a small ship that can be expanded out upon upgrades.

19. graycatgrayhat

When you upgrade it will just unlock new areas of the ship, I have taken this route for two reasons.

First for the most part the ship hull is not of my design so changing it to all the size classes of ships would take an amount of work, something right now I sadly could not complete.

Second lore wise after the humans left earth the Logistics Frigate suffered damage and before the AI went down it sealed off any uninhabitable parts of the ship. As the occupant repairs(upgrades) the frigate fixing hull damage and life support systems previously unusable sections are opened by the AI.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  20. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal