Living Planets (Or Planatary parasites) Revamped And Ressurected

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Nightly, Dec 22, 2012.

1. cooptex977

cooptex977 Big Damn Hero

Yay, credit :DD

2. Typlosion

Typlosion Star Wrangler

Nightly, I'll do some sketches immediately.

3. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Yay art!

4. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

art pls

5. Typlosion

Typlosion Star Wrangler

As of right now this is my progress, I still need photoshop on this computer so no coloring or refining yet. I thought maybe I'd ask around for some help on it though, since this is far from perfect. I just wanted some feedback on what you guys though so far, criticism is accepted/ expected/ and encouraged!

IMG_0664.jpg

6. Paillan

remembers my of zergĀ“s buildingĀ“s portrait model.

7. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Not exactly what I was expecting. (Im going to mention now that im terrible at giving criticism but oh well) While I realize that I can't expect you to know what I expect I was thinking something like Hade's Heart from Kid Icarus Uprising mixed with the three final bosses of Fossil Fighters: Guhvorn, Guhlith, and Guhweep. Partially because their all from inside another being and partially because they all have great design that makes them suit the innards of some giant being yet somehow also endearing in their own way.
    Hope my criticism doesn't dash your dreams or hurt your feelings. Simply my view on the matter. I have a lot of imagination but very little artistic skills.

8. Typlosion

Typlosion Star Wrangler

I'll figure it out, I drew 4 other things before settling on that, but I'll research into your idea a little before a second try.

9. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you. I appreciate you looking into these things for the design. The three creatures Guhvorn, Guhlith, and Guhweep from Fossil Fighters are actually what gave me the idea for the Coregan in the first place. Loved that game. The sequel was even better.

10. Paillan

nightly wins! fatality!

11. 1mwb

1mwb Big Damn Hero

Hello

12. Paillan

this is madness!

1mwb likes this.
  13. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Good ideas here but living planets have been covered a lot, try searching before posting.

14. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

When I first posted this there was nothing of the sort. I searched the engine and came up with nothing. And so far I have yet to see a legitimate post complaining about me taking their idea that was ACTUALLY posted before this was. If your complaint is legit then I posted a lil note saying sorry I posted this I didn't see any others on the front page. The end. Here is a cookie to end your woe. :cookie:

15. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Never meant to be harsh all I'm saying is that the tentacle planet was considered the living planet and it was discussed your ideas are new I was just saying that the "living planet"/Tentacle planet was covered.

16. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Oh. Well I was kinda aware that the tentacle planet is already a technical 'living planet' but I wanted to put my idea of it out there. Besides I respect that the tentacle planet is its own thing and that's why LPs can't spawn from them. They share the same basic stuff but are different (as far as I know, the developers could be stealing my ideas while I sleep in order to incorporate them into their own sinister plans.) so bam here they are. Plus if the idea is subject to complete overhaul on the flip of a coin, which is why theres a warning saying that everything is subject to change in bold, red ink on the front, so nothing is certain here. And I would like to say that this idea (not the living planet itself, but the shit in it) is mildly original, specially the Coregan. He's gunna be cool and hopefully adorable. The person who wanted to do his/her/its art is still working on and I have high hopes.

Ranting about stuff yaaaaay.

Zeklo likes this.
  17. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

To be honest the tentacle planets are living planet biomes, and this suggestion is basically a cosmic parasite as a dungeon, so even though they both are "living planets" they are very different kinds of living planets.

18. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Mhm. That defines the entire thing in a nutshell.

19. carlinhosbraum

carlinhosbraum Aquatic Astronaut

I like the concept but, please, for god's sake... That use of colors in #1 o_O

20. Paillan

yeah to much color :/