Living Planets (Or Planatary parasites) Revamped And Ressurected

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Nightly, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Paillan

Paillan Existential Complex

didn´t even read the 10% (hadn´t time) but sounds TEMPTING.

2. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to formally ask to use your idea in the Living Planets thread. I wholly approve of the ideas, a bit iffy on the worm miniboss though maybe it could be something else, and Im glad that my encouragment of people submitting their ideas has yielded such fruit. I thank you for submitting this.

3. Hurricane

Hurricane Phantasmal Quasar

if you were to be on such a planet, it would adapt its landscape to make you think it's an empty landscape filled with nothing

4. Paillan

living inside a LP... would that be possible? (i mean you make like a house inside a living thing, could be interesting...)

5. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Again with this stuff. Nobody appears to read the front page or any previous comments it seems. The outer landscape is the SHELL of the planet it inhabits. It cannot influence it directly (other than sending out tentacles and stuff to attack).

6. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

We could even say that the LP thing would better stand for Land Parasite than a true Living Planet, and that it's a dungeon that could be on any world rather than a planet type. Would be interesting to see weird fauna and flora as we get close to the dungeon though.

7. Cookiesauce

Cookiesauce Starship Captain

Could the living planets be able to invade other planets and spread a disease/virus? Like that one Futurama episode? *flashback*
    It was beautiful...

8. Paillan

i gave this idea before but master creator of LPs nightly says that that would be to OP and more fore darkbound. THAT

9. Cookiesauce

Okay.. okay.
    *slowly walks away depressed*

10. Paillan

i am not sayin it´s a bad idea, i was depresses to when he rejected it becuase it would be AWEZUM.

11. Cookiesauce

I know you didn't, just sad that he didn't add it, thats all :p
    Yeah.. would be awezum indeed.

12. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Well if it spread from every planet that is a LP like a disease it would completely ruin the specialness of the living planet. Also your houses would be ripped apart by tentacles when it infected your home planet. It would be OP and not fun. Also the darkbound infecting a living planet would basically be a harder version of one (aka its not an event that happens in game, it already comes with a darkbound infection). Feel free to debate this with me, but to ME I don't see how living planets could spread like a virus across planets.

13. Paillan

you better look at the other pages before writting...

14. Cookiesauce

Personally, I don't want to look through 12 pages of stuff to find one suggestion, idk about you.
    before typing* :p

15. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

This is one of the best ideas I've read, the possibilities are endless! developers would have to have this idea in mind, the dungeons could be made of organs: the intestines could be the corridors, larger rooms rooms could be larger organs, also to advance in the dungeon you have to destroy some security glands
    something similar to "jabu jabu's belly"

16. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, thank you. Its not a god damned virus or something, its a giant creature whose internal organs you are adventuring through. Glad to know people actually get that.

17. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

I just wish people just read the very first page before writing things, not all the comments there are.

18. Cookiesauce

Wat?
    Not breaking the rules anymore..
    heh

19. Paillan

20. Riki

Riki Void-Bound Voyager

I like the Idea :up: