List of Community Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Khaosius, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

• Lavapulse

Lavapulse Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure if you figured this out, but you actually can split stacks with SHIFT + R.CLICK

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

True, but what if I want 350 wood out of a stack of 999? It just becomes irritating not to be able to move precisely that much. Rather, I have then have to shit click, then hold left click to get teh right amount.

• Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

-snip again xD-
          1.) It could be, but I dunno, maybe have it be an option you have to turn on or something. I've closed the game because of a mishap and restarted the day, and that would prevent that. But again, could still be a mod made by Eric and easy to install or something. Just as long as it isn't forced on us is all I ask if a saving change is done. :)
          5.) And it's a decent thought really, just not sure how easy it would be for Eric to code it in, I wouldn't mind it if it stuck around the farm.
          9.) Really? I remember Eric clarifying in a post a short time ago that the game's version of power berries (a star I believe) was just that, and power berries were permanent. I'll see if I can find it, or failing that just ask on his twitter, because I'm sure there's a set of permanent energy raising stars.
          11.) Fair enough, but there's a reason only SNES HM and A wonderful life had diaries :p (to check how much they liked you)

Balancing;
          1.)According to a guy who made the mod on steam, it's actually 6 seconds = 10 minutes. Then again he also said HM: Back to Nature had 10s = 10m ration which was wrong, BtN has 7.5s = 10m. I never timed it, but I'll still find it becuase it does apparently make the game 'smoother' according to the people who complain a lot about it.
          4.) I doubt it's THAT bad, but I believe you that it could be much better.
          5.) Agreed.

Cometics;
          2.) Yeah, it's literally called the "Harvey no longer looks like a pedophile" mod. No kidding.
          3.) Fair enough, as long as it's an easy change, why not right?
          4.) I just move around randomly during the day it seems, lots of map switching. Really the only time the music stops for more than like 5 minutes is fishing, which the silence actually adds to the relaxing nature of the activity. But I agree there should be an option for looping music, fully.
          5.) Now THAT'S an interesting idea. I could get behind that. And it would make sense, the more you're friends with someone the better you know they're schedule. It's like real life.
          7.) Which I don't blame you for at all, and as long as it isn't intrusive, I have no problems with it. :)

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

I'm glad we agree on so much. :D You've offered some awesome points.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Updated to reflect 1.04. Sorry I was gone yesterday, I'll update this list a bit today with new suggestions. :D
              And updated with newest suggestions. :D

Closed the page three times by accidents. Updates were not uploaded. I'll do this later.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
              • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Updated! List is finally fixed. :D From here on I won't move anything around in the lists, I'll just add to them.

• LordHelmchen

LordHelmchen Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for collecting the suggestions, so they're easier to refer to. As (i hope) CA will probably refer to this list for inspiration rather than remember an obscure thread far down on the forum:
                  Concerning item no.2 ("starpedia"): Would you consider adding the suggestion to not having it completed from the start, but rather to have it filled as the _character_ learns about things? Then it's just a simulation of the hero's memory, and no external reasons are needed to justify its existence.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

I tweeted him the list so I certainly hope he takes a look at it! :D

I already thought about that, however I decided against that because of certain items that are very difficult to learn. For example, when/where/how does each fish get caught? There's potential information that literally might never be learned except by pure chance and would still force users to potentially access third party sources of information which is what the idea behind it is trying to avoid. Does that make sense?

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Shameless bump to get to the top of the page. Folks, please read the list before you post your new idea. If you see it listed, then post your thoughts here to keep the forums a little cleaner. :) List is updated.

LordHelmchen likes this.
                      • shadowshearth

shadowshearth Big Damn Hero

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but one of my highly suggested abilities is: Being able to bump villagers out of the way. I haven't figured out how to do this (if it's available) but being pushed by villagers is dangerous. I just had to reset a day because I got stuck between two villagers and a table at the Egg Festival. Let me out!! :O

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

If you run against them long enough you'll go through them. :p

shadowshearth likes this.
                          • Wombat Wizard

Wombat Wizard Master Chief

For the sake of discoverability and people not suggesting the same things over and over, can we have this thread stickied?

Also, #13 - place steps in front of house stairs - under gameplay has been implemented since the latest patch.

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

I really want to be able to display any object in my home on a table. Particularly gemstones. I love collecting gemstones, I want to put them all up for show!

shadowshearth likes this.
                              • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Updated to reflect 1.05. :D

• Chalkchip

Chalkchip Void-Bound Voyager

Cosmetics;
                                  31.) I want this. It was very disappointing to be wearing farm clothes on my wedding day and the flower dance.

Graphics/UI/Display;
                                  10. + 11.) These make a lot of sense. It would make giving gifts a lot easier. And a little more fun to experiment with gifts too. :)

Here are a few ideas of my own that I have for the game. I apologize if anyone's brought these up already and I missed it.
                                  1: I think it would be more realistic if your spouses friends/family would talk to you about dating and married life when things change (eg, 'Hey, so 'n' so has been talking about you a lot lately. I think they like you.'). At the moment it's like they don't care or acknowledge it when you're getting serious with someone.

2: I would love it if spouses joined the character during special event cut scenes, and maybe if they held hands or kissed during the cut scenes too. Also, dates! Dinner dates, dancing, a walk along the beach, going to a concert, cooking together, more scenarios with Sebastian and Sam, etc.

3: Also, once Sebastian is married, you don't see him at his computer anymore. It's a little saddening. :(

4: Who else hates it when paths or fences break due to random generation of wood or stone on your property? I think these shouldn't respawn on any tiles where you've placed pathing, or at least that they should be set on top of it instead of destroying it. If a branch falls on stone path, it really shouldn't break the stone.

5: At the first day of a new season, my spouse said, "I was going to water your crops for you, but I couldn't find any. Are you even doing any work out here?". <- Smart aleck :proper:. It kinda ticked me off, seeing as how all of my plants DIED that morning. They should really keep their mouths shut about crops on the first day of a season.

6: More marriage ceremony options! You should be able to speak to your fiance about the location and look of the ceremony, like a stage and pews, flowers, etc. Also, best man/woman at either sides of the couple would be great! :DD

Side note: Guys don't typically wear gloves for their weddings anymore.. It's a little quirky. But hey, to each their own.

• NiBlack

NiBlack Void-Bound Voyager

Few my suggestions:

Balance:
                                    - Food - raw food should restore less stamina/health. To encourage cooking, crafting life elixirs.
                                    Fruits should give energy, but barely any health. Vegetables should give more health but less energy, edible animal products (and artistan goods) should restore balanced and slightly higher amount of both.
                                    - First steps of new life - Lewis knows that there is lot work on the farm, so every day during spring of first year he provide "bonus" snack to help restore some stamina. (also to balance supposed loss of spring onions energy from food rebalance).
                                    - Status effects - curing status effects should be available and important (they could last longer - like at least 1game hour). Some enemies could cause tipsy / muscle pain.

Content (relatively low importance):
                                    - herbs - plants with medical properties. Usually don't restore stamina, but health. Some could be used in making healing items. Also... herb wine :-D
                                    - Forest "dungeon" - accessible via hidden forest.
                                    Totally randomized (similar to skull dungeon).
                                    Every map have 2-4 exits (not hidden) on the side of map, some could be blocked by bunch of stones (pickaxe), vines (axe), spider webs (weapon).
                                    3 types of tile sets: forest (typical foraging stuff), deep forest (some rarer materials, harder mobs, and even wild crops (always lowest quality), not accessible in winter), shallow cave (typical cave that have stones and ores up to gold). you can recognize type of next tile by color of light that shines out of open path (ligher - forest, darker - deep forest, black - shallow cave).
                                    Sometimes you can find small pond that have access to some rare fish, sometimes shallow cave can be slimed cave.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

1.) I agree, I just added Marriage issues and dialogue to the list.
                                      2.) Yeah, same.
                                      3.) I never married sebastion. :p
                                      4.) This should have been fixed. Has it not?
                                      5.) LOLOL omfg
                                      6.) I agree! I'll add more of this.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

1.) Hmm, I agree. I'll add this to balancing.
                                        2.) I disagree. Life's hard mate.
                                        3.) Elaborate please?

• metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just commenting on this one, but T1 sprinklers do have a use when combined with beehives. Plant the flowers you want to flavour the honey on the four watered spaces and put four beehives on the four diagonal spaces.