List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hruse

Hruse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm, though I support the devs in taking as long as they need, I was secretly hoping that the game might be released this year. However, after reading that chat log, among other recent information, I'm not bothered by it coming out next year in the slightest. I'm just about 50 times more excited for Starbound now. There's just sooo much that seems so right about what they are doing with this game, that I can't find any fault in their plans!

2. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I'm not upset that Starbound is being released next year.
    I'm slightly upset that when it releases I may be slightly to busy to buy it for a couple of months D:

ThatMrT likes this.
  3. Lots of new info today :DD
    I don't really mind seeing it being released later on as long as it's time well spent.

4. I'm a bit upset that the release date's being pushed back, though I admit most/all of that feeling stems from the fact that I saved $15 in my Steam account for it and it's really tempting to use it for other games. (I'm looking at you, Weekend Deal on FTL.)

5. Well, we don't really know if Starbound is going to be on steam when it first releases.

6. The Enlightened Grue

isn't there always... another $15 down the road?
    :p

7. Galaxy

Galaxy Astral Cartographer

Great post Blue.

8. Tzukasa

Tzukasa Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome info. One thing I'm worrying about reading over this list is controlls. I see an overuse of the shift button and I'm not happy about ctrl's useage for panning due to its common push to talk functionality for voice chat programs like vent/teamspeak. So one thing I'd like to say to the devs is please make ALL of the controlls remapable to w/e the player desires!

9. kirbyprson

kirbyprson Orbital Explorer

Starbound starbound, you are the subject that enters my mind when math is boring, what gets me up in the mourning, Starbound starbound, I LOVE YOU!!

10. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

Firebats are red
    Space marines are blue
    Starbound is awesome
    Tiy be with you

Woodbin and WoxandWarf like this.
  11. Walross

Walross Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you going to add the info about the ten tiers of armour per race, and the weapon modifiers?

12. Phyrex

most mouse that have more than the 3 standard button come with a mapping software. you could just circumvent the problem by assigning the wanted control to an unused keyboard key and then map the mouse button to it.
    thats what ive done with all my gaming mice (and ive yet to see a 4+ buttoned mouse without said software)

13. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a 5 button mouse from late '99. Wireless. Lasts months on end with two doubleA batteries. I am not buying a new mouse for the software. Yes, the game better have keymapping support :p

14. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah I hated the potion hotkeys in Terraria so I set them to R and T so they were easier to reach.
    Hopefully Starbound will have the same thing, a key for healing items, a key for grappling hook, that would be VERY useful.

15. Phyrex

i can guarantee chucklefish will implement keymapping. afterall, starbound ligning up to be so awesome and keymapping is such a staple of PC games nowadays, it would be a beginners mistake not to do it. a bad beginner's mistake

16. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

Or like they did in flyn............. your screen resolution is presented as a monitor with arrows with a slidebar under it...

I facepalmed so hard

17. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I wonder what the largest portion of work they have left to do.

18. kirbyprson

kirbyprson Orbital Explorer

probably just fixing the glitches

19. The Enlightened Grue

due to the proceedural generation, many bugs will be considered by both gamers and developers to be intended and enjoyable parts of the game :p

20. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I'm thinking the combat behaviours of mobs. In all the previous streams the extent of the AI has been -walk into player- and I remember someone saying that's still to come.