List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

So Mollygos must've played Starbound!:eek:

2. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

Yes, it has been stated before.

3. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

My concern for features is how it will handle on older or lower performance machines.

4. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

I believe the official word is that that cannot be determined until the game is finished. Tiy has mentioned (at least I think it was tiy) that he has run it (at a certain build) on a rather low end/old machine, and it ran fine, but they are constantly adding features, which can decrease performance, and then optimizing, to try to return performance to the same level. As such, it is impossible to currently tell what the system requirements are for the final build, because the current performance level is going to fluctuate.

Thank you so much for that, Blue! I was looking at the thread a while back and thinking "How will I know what's new? I really don't want to have to read back through everything." But now I see this, very very helpful once again.

5. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Wait... it doesn't tell the name of the killer?

Axe Garian and sasquatchjc like this.
  6. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

welcomes assassination play-style? better protect your guild leader.

7. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

No, its a bad thing, very bad thing:fireball:

8. Filipfonky

Assassination playstyle?
    You mean... killing somebody without everybody else knowing about his death?

That wouldn't work, because it says who died, but not who killed.

9. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

sure, but the name is not mentioned, giving enough time for the person who did it to slip away in a crowd of players or act as they got there first.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. krayfuse

krayfuse Big Damn Hero

About the fall damage, you say it is relatively easy to implement, and i agree... but what if this fall damage system is unique from other games? Maybe you have a chance of rolling, which negates some damage. Able to hang on ledges, and more! It could be very hard to implement, but it would be AWESOME!

11. Filipfonky

I'd much prefer to be able to see "X killed Y".

And for the assassination part, the names above the players' heads shouldn't be visible to their enemies. Kinda like in Team Fortress 2, where you can see the name of only your teammates (unless you're a Spy, but that's another story).
    So if for example, everybody sees in the Leaderboard that "X killed Y", they still wouldn't know where and who X is.

xboy777 and Axe Garian like this.
  12. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

OOohhh... Being able to hang on ledges... I like the sound of that. I guess it would also be good to be able to pull yourself up them, & climb down into a hanging off the ledge position as well. Might wanna stick this in a Suggestion Thread! :up:

Sadly, rolling likely won't happen, since it would take too much extra Spriting. :(

13. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

How can you implement Creepers if the monsters are randomly generated?

14. That's a good point. PVP isn't finished, though.
    On a related note, I killed him way more times than that. :sneaky: Screenshot is biased.

Most of the monsters ingame are randomly generated, but not all of them. There will be unique monsters.

15. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

yes, like in a game that a stickman try to find his icecream, the game's name including pants in it, i think:blank: in that mad game, there are rollings too, im trying to say, they can do this, in a hour, i think (rollings :ninja:)

16. Torang12

Fancy pants?

17. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Not the way Starbound's Sprites are done. Each Starbound Sprite is a single Pic, not separate 'parts' put together differently each Frame. All these Sprites also have to contend with different Gear & stuff that might be on, so every time a new Sprite Pose, like the Frames for a Rolling Animation, are made, ALL of the various kinds of Gear Sprites would also have to be made to accommodate the new Player Sprite Frames. (If I understand this right...) You underestimate how much work that is, methinks... :lod:

xboy777 likes this.
  18. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Actually seeing as how the gear items are separate sprites it wouldn't be too hard, just a new rolling animation for each race.
    so like 1 new sprite per race.

19. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

Yes! ! !:up:

yes, i think so

20. Torang12

I think what he means is like you will need to put in the clothes folding and such and that would depend on what you were wearing. Imagine if you were wearing a metal suit, I don't know about you but I don't think I can bend it like Samus.