1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lexi's Better Basics v 1.04

Default replacements for Floran, Avian, Human, and Novakid starter gear

1. liberalSpaceship

liberalSpaceship Void-Bound Voyager

liberalSpaceship submitted a new mod:

Better Basics - Default replacements starter gear

Read more about this mod...

2. liberalSpaceship

3. liberalSpaceship

Looks like I was able to successfully convert this to an "external site" download. Phew!

4. liberalSpaceship

Sneak peek at the human replacements. These ones are full 100% replacements to give the humans a little more flavor. Because I can!

These are for the "cool" and "casual" set, respectively. They're not part of the download yet, as I want to finish the sprites for the work/sweatervest and sweat/workout sets first.

[​IMG]

For the purposes of this default replacement mod, I am keeping in the unnecessarily gendered skirt of the cool set. I have figured out how to add new options to chargen as well, so I plan on releasing a swapped version in an expanded mod (separate from this one, so you can still use this for multiplayer), where guys get the skirt and ladies the pants, as well as actual other options. Just FYI.

5. liberalSpaceship

6. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Replying to reply to my review:

I think the second option would be best. Because while I like the old cool jacket, I would prefer the human npcs all wear the new clothing designs. So replace the default clothes with the new designs, and add an optional file that adds the old designs back as craftable items. Thanks you very much!

7. liberalSpaceship

I've added the original clothes as new items at https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ra7l8phqsfftn4/LS_betterbasics_orighuman.zip?dl=0

To avoid having different versions for different playstyles, this file includes patches to add the "new" items to character creation (and thus NPC generation, as far as I know), as well as new colors.

Delete the 'species' folder to remove them from character generation, and the patches in each item/armor/human folder to get rid of the additional colors.

8. liberalSpaceship

9. liberalSpaceship

10. Drywall Thief

Drywall Thief Orbital Explorer

This is awesome! Do you mind if I share this mod in the iLoveBacons Starbound Mods showcase? It's our policy to ask a mod's creator for permission before we upload, and I'd love to show this to some friends of mine.

11. liberalSpaceship

I'm not really fussed (which is to say, go ahead), but you might just want to link to the thread or include a readme about how to opt out of any unwanted outfits.

12. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Hello. Is the mod still working with Glad Giraffe? I would like to know that it will work or not.
    I hope it works.

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

14. liberalSpaceship

@Mackinz

Sure, as long as you let people know it's not complete and direct them to the thread for instructions on removing replacements they don't like (provided you are making the compilation in a way where they can do that)!

15. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

@liberalSpaceship Could you update this mod to 1.0 good ol' sir? Reason: I think it needs more better basic clothing!

16. liberalSpaceship

I'm sure I'll get to it eventually but even one article of clothing or just a shoe change takes me awhile, FYI. It's the busiest time of year at work for me.
    (Also, sir is inaccurate)

Presios Saiyan likes this.
  17. liberalSpaceship

I uploaded this (as is) to Steam Workshop, FYI

Presios Saiyan likes this.