Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Bird Person

Bird Person Void-Bound Voyager

Nova Ship.png
    My newest Novakid merchant-class ship

2. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

what a good usage of pipes!

MrToni300 likes this.
  3. bob160484

bob160484 Orbital Explorer

I just created a new Avali character and its not letting me create a custom ship with FU. I have avail triage, avail additions, avail additions rails, FU and Frackin races. Do I need another mod to allow me to make a custom ship with an avali? or do I need to make a different race creature and cheat in the nanolathe? (sorry if this is not the right place for this. I thought that it would be good place to put it given that this is pretty much the custom ship thread)

4. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Get this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894542254

FU uses BYOS custom ship, it only works for vanilla races so if you want it to work with modded ones, get the mod in the link.

5. bob160484

also @Pohany on page 56 of this thread you have a cool ship. what blocks did you use for the hull and engines. you should really consider (it would be amazingly awesome) releasing your hylotl stuff mod on Steam. I want to use it but I'm too lazy to learn how to mod without steam.

6. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Custom tiles. Probably! ))

I thought I was lazy!! [​IMG]
    Installation:
    Drop Hylotl Stuff.pak to \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

7. bob160484

Thanks! btw your sprite work is amazing and ill get the ship in here asap

8. Lintton

Lintton Guest

9. Pohany

[​IMG]
    Cazador

Rakhox, Dharkaron, Waagh! and 14 others like this.
  10. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

HOLY SNAPPLE Why do you have to make everything so good?! Also, probably a silly question, but have you ever considered releasing your custom furniture? I remember that you said you aren't going to release any of your custom blocks because they're mostly just edited together versions of other blocks, but what about your original stuff like those sails or the bathysphere?

The Purple Dragon and Pohany like this.
  11. Pohany

12. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

CAZADOR!?!?! RUN!!!!

I have traumatic memories of Fallout NV...

Luscinius, Parrotte and Pohany like this.
  13. Rosekitten

Rosekitten Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Been lurking for a while after discovering the FU mod .. is there any other mods I should have in for ship building? I have several races installed (granted I'm still on my little meat eating plant lady.. with a new file). I really loved the globe like windows shown on some of the ships but apparently they are from a modded race? Is there a mod that adds them to be able to build with or am I outta luck without doing more work than I know how to do.

14. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I assume you already know, but for if you havent; FU doesn't actually add custom ship building. You'll need a mod for you to be able to do so. MadTulip's mod adds extra ship blocks, and could add a next layer of RP by allowing you to also include oxygen systems and death outside your ship (without the proper materials)
    Additional mods I'd suggest are:
    Hull Plating Blocks & More
    New Tiles and Greebles
    Macrochip
    if you want to include wire systems
    The Avali Race has some interesting blocks (although they are added with FU)
    If you're playing legit, I'd advice Extended Block Crafting.

^v^v^v^

I believe most race mods allow any race to get the blocks they add. Otherwise, you can always spawn them in. If you don't like cheating you could kinda "roleplay" it away by burning pixels.
    I personally always use the Spawnable Items Pack mod though. None of my ships were ever legit.

15. Rosekitten

I've been cheating a little so spawning things I can't get legit is fine. Been trying to play catch up where my old file was anyways so not a huge deal till I get through the next quest.
    I am using the FU various race mods the addons for FU and BYOS Mega Pack recently as it was suppose to add a bunch of tiles and ship parts? Unless I miss understood somewhere and you just need the FU stuff.. >->
    I do agree though the Avali Race has some neat things. I just did notice I never poked their crafting stations the other day.

I was mainly asking as I saw some people with domes on their ship? Probably custom edits but I was holding out some hope that they were in a mod somewhere.

16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

The BYOS megapack should be fine, yeah.

The dome parts are most likely custom objects. There are 2 small dome parts that are part of the Protectorate Academy building, but they are not solid and not very big.
    [​IMG]
    (Never mind the lighting. Got distracted by the idea of having blinking lights on it using a macrochip.)
    If these are the domes you meant, then you can spawn them using:
    Code:
     /spawnitem protectorateroofdetail04 and /spawnitem protectorateroofdetail05

_BIO_, LieutenantSuisei and The Squid like this.
  17. Rosekitten

The domes used here. I think they are from another ship though? I'm not sure as I've not really modded or played starbound in quite a few years.. >->

Parrotte likes this.
  18. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

Oh that one's one of Pohany's personal mods, you won't see it in a mod. I've just gotten used to seeing things in Pohany's builds that I'd like to use but not really going to get a chance to. :/

Never and Parrotte like this.
  19. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

Luxury Cruiser 'The Stellar Hen'
    Equipment:
    2x Fore Vortex Cannon(s)
    5x Long-Range Sensor Arrays(s)
    8x Communications Relay(s)
    1x MEM/RP [Mechanized Extravehicular Maintenance/Repair Platform]
    1x Ship's Cat(Venus)
    21x Estraglass Window(s)
    27ft Self-Cleaning Plush Carpet
    1x Estraglass-Bottomed Pool
    75x Powered Data Octet(s)

This is a greatly refurbished version of an older build that wasn't up to my current personal building standards.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Kirbecio, Pohany, moremuffin and 6 others like this.
  20. bob160484

Changeling rain what mods did you use. I really like the consoles and the sphere in the center of the ship.