Lazy Fishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RyuXami, Mar 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RyuXami

RyuXami Star Wrangler

I dont know if any of you done this
    im dont really do fishing in the game but i also dont want my fishing skill stuck at certain level
    so i do this thing
    [​IMG]
    i put as many crab pot as possible in my little pond near my house
    (i still choose to be a fisher :fishbowl: )
    by doing this every morning i just need to circle around harvest my fish (crayfish,snail,periwinkle i use it to make fertilizer)
    and replace the bait
    may be it will be hard to get the iron bar at early stage to make the crab pot but you could collect clam,musle,cockle, oyster from the beach and crab from killing monster at the mine so you could get 3 crab pot from the bundle or you could get some by buying from willy if you have extra money

MrToni300, SkyPiglet and uberlobster like this.
    • zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Huh. I didn't realize you could get anything other than trash with crabpots in that little pond. You can only fish out trash.

• RyuXami

RyuXami Star Wrangler

well 3 "fish" category= crayfish,snail,periwinkle .. and i do level up on the day im not fishing with my rod

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

There are two ponds at your farms you can do this at, the bigger one at the south works.

Mariner profession could filter out the trash if you don't like them. Personally, I want the trash to get coal and to reduce coal usage due to not needing to make refined crystals.

• zoeevee

Ah yes but OP does have some trash in the picture so I knew it wasn't that. And I agree I like fishing trash out to recycle. It's very handy. I was just surprised that you could get anything other than trash from the pond.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

A use for those useless ponds? Nice! I'm doing this ASAP.

• Dodging Rain

Well you do have to go somewhere to refill your watering can at the beginning to mid-game.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

When I'm done with that piece of shit can, I'm throwing it in the pond. Maybe I'll poke holes in it and use it as a makeshift crab pot. It would be 10 times more useful. Just my 2c. Fuck that can.

• zoeevee

??? What did the watering can do to you?

• Dodging Rain

Until sprinklers cover all farming spots, watering can remains useful. After all, plowed land are not automatically watered and sprinklers aren't instantaneous. I even gave it an iridium upgrade just because it had served me well for so long even though I switched to a sprinkler based farm now.

• RyuXami

RyuXami Star Wrangler

i dont put any crab pot on the bigger pond .. i think it a bit distand so it will need more time to collect. that is why i choose the smaller one

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, I put the 3 from the bundle in that small pond as well, once I heard that you could do this. FREE FISHIES?! I'LL TAKE IT! =x

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

I have to move my crab pots now i wont forget them thanks man for showing me this!

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I still only pick the stuff out of mine half the time, even though I knwo they're RIGHT THERE. :rofl:

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

I didn't know about this. Will try. Thanks!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I just line the river through the middle of town with them. Nine days out of ten, I'll see at least one of them at the corner of the screen as a reminder.

• Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

I place crab pots on place where u can use the mine carts to easily access

• RyuXami

RyuXami Star Wrangler

then u need to travel a abit longer to acces the cart

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I wonder if placing the pots in the lakes in the mines...or in the lake/pond in the desert would yield anything out of the ordinary...or if it would just yield normal freshwater stuff...

• RyuXami

RyuXami Star Wrangler

nope there are 2 type of palce for crabpot
                                          river/lake/pond X ocean

the river lake pond will only give you3 tye of fish crayfish,snail, and periwikle
                                          the ocean can give you more , prawn , lombster clam etc
                                          and yes both of them can caught trash if your character is not a marinir