Digital Kierran's Deep Cave ~ Below avarage art :3 ~ Requests on hold!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kierran, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Kierran

Kierran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One version of this done, turned out to be so weird that I'll remake it xD

And I is not dead, just haven't found time to make these.

2. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

...I just read through this entire thread. o.o You have some really nice art, Kierran.

Adam05PL and Kierran like this.
  3. Kierran

Thank you :)

elusiveTranscendent likes this.
  4. elusiveTranscendent

You're welcome! Keep it up! :p

I tried coming with something more original than "Keep it up," but all I could think of was "I approve what you're doing; continue on" which sounds a bit self-centered. xD

Adam05PL likes this.
  5. Shadow10201

Shadow10201 Aquatic Astronaut

Can i have a picture of HIM and HER snuggled up on the couch in THIS ROOM please? I really, really like your art style and would like something from you for myself.

*mumblemumble*maybe also an icon of his face if you are up for it *mumblemumble*

6. Maxwells

Maxwells Aquatic Astronaut

Your art is average, not really below it.
    One of the things I would suggest, is to work on shading and add a bit more details as well as shaping.
    One good way to improve on art, is to look at others art, and see what is wrong with theirs. I am going to show you my art work.
    I want you to tell me what you feel like is missing from it.

Please keep in mined that this is one of my older art pieces. I have since improved. try looking at the picture not as an artist, but as a viewer. This is just how I look at art to improve mine. You do not have to do any of this, pleas know that I am not a PHD Artist, and I did not get a degree in art. I am just suggesting some ideas on how I improve my art, it might help you too.

When I finished my picture, I thought I was done, but another person took a look at it, and pointed out what was missing from it.
    Wheres I would have missed it, because I was admiring more of my art work, rather then looking what I missed.

My point is, looking at others art, you see from a different prospective, wheres as the artist might not.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/258qr28.jpg

Sorry for the 1920x1080 dimension. It is big, I forgot to size it. My screen is of 1920x1080.

I like your art work, and you should keep at it!
    Best of luck!

SIDE NOTE: I really liked the boy and the girl one.

Sincerely,

-Maxwell-

7. Kierran

Thanks a lot! This is a true example of good feedback, that we fought over before. :giggle:

I wouldn't mind seeing more of yours as well, you sparked my interest. On my side note, will try to do as much of the requests this evening or next morning.

8. Maxwells

Maxwells Aquatic Astronaut

Sorry, I changed my mined on the side note I posted.
    I now like the airplane and the walrus as well as the squid, not really because of the art skills per say, but because the charter that the picture adds. It makes the viewer smile.

You would be surprised, you can draw a stick figure doing something dramatic, like being funny or sad and so forth, making it an exceptional art piece.
    Because it brings out ones nature. As cheesy as that sounds, it is true.

My point is, I would rather see an art picture of a stick figure confessing his love to a Lama, rather then a picture of Mona Lisa.
    Being that one is funny, and would make me laugh, and the other is just there, looking back at you...lifeless.
    I hope that made sense.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I have some art in pixel form, you can see it on fan art if you would like to, it is called, Maxwell's Pixel art, or something.

As for digital, hmmmm, meh.

Sincerely, and you are awesome!

-Maxwell-

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Adam05PL likes this.
  9. Kierran

Coloring... so much effort... :<

Gonna do the coloring on the head to get your avatar req filled :)

[​IMG]

Adam05PL and elusiveTranscendent like this.
  10. Adam05PL

Adam05PL Pangalactic Porcupine

Another nice work =) Good job!

11. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like it, but his ears perk up a little more. Other than that, its awesome. Also, it didnt even tell me you posted this.

12. Adam05PL

Sadly, you have to check watched thread from time to time to get alerts. It's pretty annoying ._.

13. Kungfuumango

Kungfuumango Void-Bound Voyager

Are you still taking requests? If you have the time would you mind drawing my hylotl? :D
    [​IMG]

14. Adam05PL

You can barely see character , even after opening in another tab. I reccomend cutting out just your character even in paint, to make it more visible =)

15. Kungfuumango

Kungfuumango Void-Bound Voyager

lol sorry about that, photobucket likes to shrink your pictures and leave a hard to find zoom button, hope this ones a bit easier to see :) [​IMG]

16. Adam05PL

Now you can see him perfectly ^^ Good job :D

17. Adam05PL

*desperately tries to revive thread*

18. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

GO GO GO GO!

elusiveTranscendent and Adam05PL like this.
  19. Adam05PL

*super medic mode*

20. elusiveTranscendent

*Silently assists in the ritual*

Dolphinowl245 and Adam05PL like this.