1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Kegs & Preserve Jars Breaking While Collecting Goods?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by pojopoopoohead, Feb 13, 2017.

1. pojopoopoohead

pojopoopoohead Space Hobo

So, it's been a couple weeks since I booted up Stardew. Yesterday, I was playing and when I went to collect some pickled goods and wine, the jars and kegs straight up broke! Is there an actual lifetime usage on these crafted items?

I was wondering if it might be the new patch, but I am not participating in the beta, so I should be on the current stable build.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have heard in the past of other villagers destroying your stuff, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know what's going on and I don't feel like losing 20 jars and 40 kegs.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • ghoulavenger

ghoulavenger Intergalactic Tourist

I just ran into this myself. I'm currently also not running on the beta branch. Apparently any kegs placed within the backwoods on my current save would break when clicked on. I could recollect the kegs just fine by using my tools though. Moving them to another area seemed to restore their durability, within the backwoods itself though, they were still breaking after being placed again, even in a new position. So I'm just going to up and move those kegs. I recommend trying the same if it in any way applies to you.

I think if it starts breaking things kegs I put in the desert I'll start to cry though, I've got like 900 kegs out there. Backwoods is a much smaller problem.