1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Kegs Causing Crashes.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dorkfellow, May 17, 2018.

1. Dorkfellow

Dorkfellow Space Hobo

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue or not, but I've been having major issues with my kegs disintegrating and causing the game to crash...

I'm running a beer farm on one of my file and so I have several kegs places at once, starting roughly about 150 before the initial occurrences. When I place an item into one of my kegs they would, seemingly, disappear at random as if they had degraded; losing both the keg and the crop I had put into it. And trying to harvest a ready keg that has become "volatile" has caused the game to crash consistently.

These problems did start until after I had downloaded the Multiplayer Beta. After I tried running some tests to figure out the problem. The only thing I discovered was the it seemed to be some selective kegs, while other were just fine. I removed them and after having replaced most of them I hadn't had an issue for some time in the game.

At the time I believed it was caused by lightning not properly destroying the barrels, but it had started again about a week or so afterword (Currently in mid Fall now). I have basically lost half of my keg crop and I can only replace them so quickly and am still crashing at regular rates.

I do not know if the kegs were changed in the beta to degrade; or an entirely different issue. And if so, the crashing bug should be looked into.
    For reference: All the kegs are placed on my farm, and not a separate instance; such as a shed or the bus tunnel. I also have about 12 kegs on a different file and I have not yet encouraged this issue. (But I will update if I do)