1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. CrispyBlockland

CrispyBlockland Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you tighten up the spacing to 1 pixel between the species buttons, you should be able to fit lots more buttons, or make the window smaller. The unmodded vanilla character selector does this to fit the novakid race in there.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Thirty-six buttons is not enough for you?

3. CrispyBlockland

CrispyBlockland Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm just giving a suggestion/tip. Maybe you could do that to make the window smaller.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Not even close, Kawa. Hundreds would be more appropriate, TBCH.

Seajun_ likes this.
  5. devospyro

devospyro Intergalactic Tourist

is there a issue with unbeat giraffe or something. I read all the previous information on pages 11-14. I just don't really know. I've modded games like skyrim, and minecraft, but this is a bit different. I'm not the type of person that easily gives up. So I'll keep at it, but I want some advice on this. I was did add the name of the custom race to the character config. But it didn't display. I moved them out of the mods folder and into the other mods folder located in the giraffe storage. I'm mainly confused. Sorry for complaining

Attached Files:

6. Mackinz

The problem is that the Avali mod is not updated to Upbeat Giraffe, so it will not (I repeat, will not) work.

Kawa likes this.
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Also, that last step you tried kills them.

8. devospyro

thank you. So some/or most mods before upbeat giraffe won't work with the current version of star bound? If so then that'll explain a lot.

9. devospyro

Well the good news is that I'm able to get some mods to work. Like the blood mod, and I don't experience crashing anymore. The only issue is that character extension is not showing up.
    So I can't really tell if felin is working or not. It might be me on this one. But I don't really know.
    The version of start bound I am using is upbeat giraffe update 2. if that helps. also I've moved everything back to the regular mods folder, and getting rid of avail mod fixed most of the issues. So thank you.

Attached Files:

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

What's shown in your screenshot is still wrong.
    xbawks.png felins.png

11. devospyro

thank you. I get it now. thank you so much. I have a few friends that'll be very interested in your mods. It takes me a while to get it. I'll tell them about your work:nod:

12. 90Riot

90Riot Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some issues getting this mod to work for the latest update. No error code or anything it just isn't changing the interface at all. Any idea what could be the culprit? I've tried re-downloading and changing folders already.

13. Shurhaian

Shurhaian Phantasmal Quasar

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but - you ARE unpacking it into giraffe_storage\mods, right? Not just \mods, not just dropping the archive in? I had no problem getting it to work, and my game is up to date, so all I can think of is that the mod isn't installed correctly.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Kawa likes this.
  14. StarBoundDeity

StarBoundDeity Intergalactic Tourist

see i thought maybe i was doing it wrong too... i currently have

after u click n open giraffes/mods

[​IMG]

is that wrong? :/ all the guides ive read say keep modinfo in /mods THEN the folders of the other mods like so

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes it is. Look back a few posts -- I got two screenshots to show what it should be like.

16. Mackinz

To put it simply, there should not be any modinfo files directly in the /mods/ folder.

17. 90Riot

Not a stupid question, I'm kind of new to this type of thing. But you're correct, I put it into starbound/giraffe_storage/mods as instructed to no avail.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Put what there, though?

Seriously, should look like this.

19. Mackinz

As I said, there should be no modinfo files directly in the /mods/ folder. It should be in a subfolder of the /mods/ folder, like that "xbawks" folder there.

20. 90Riot

upload_2015-2-5_13-29-8.png
    This is what I have as it stands. Have I missed something? It was my understanding the .modinfo should be in there

Additionally, can I leave the .zip files in /mods/ or should I delete or move them?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015