1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's Felin Species (v3.3.3)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Kawa, Dec 6, 2013.

1. dustxx

dustxx Poptop Tamer

Hey- just curious, which file controls the dialogue that your character says upon inspecting various items? I noticed felins have custom dialogue for stuff. I'm pretty sure I've checked everything in the assets by now and haven't been able to find it :/ maybe I'm just being dumb.

2. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

Okay just saw the respawn: Love it :D

3. Tyty

Tyty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's in the object/tile file. Unless a race has one defined, they default to the human one. If you want to add one you'll have to merge it with the descriptions.

It's a hell of a lot of work.

dustxx likes this.
  4. dustxx

dustxx Poptop Tamer

ohh, that's why they didn't have any listed. I didn't realize it would default to the human one. thanks!

5. Sulfer

Sulfer Void-Bound Voyager

Is this multiplayer compatible? If not, nay plans?

6. Junion

Junion Subatomic Cosmonaut

To quote the mod creator.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]
    "Remember our laws, hunter."

Thus showing part of the village, and officially introducing two of the armors.

8. dustxx

dustxx Poptop Tamer

That armor looks really nice :3

Kawa likes this.
  9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

10. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PLEASE tell me how you did the custom villages.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Starstructor, Paintshop Pro, and a text editor.

12. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Something about that green armor is making me think of pizza.

Village looks awesome, but if I could make a suggestion, I'd say add a little variation and style to the background walls of the houses. For example, in that small house, on the lower floor, try making the wall mostly out of that... papery square tile I can't remember the name of, with a 1 block border of wood between it and the walls/ceiling, and a 1 or 2 block border on the bottom.

[​IMG]
    Was kinda at a premium of blocks when I made this.. pretend those steel blocks are those papery tiles. >_>

That's just my sense of aesthetics, though.

Aside from that I really like how this mod is coming together.

Kawa likes this.
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Funny, cos I based it on what I think is supposed to be Halo.
    That's an excellent suggestion, and they are shoji tiles.

14. medikohl

medikohl Void-Bound Voyager

Well it looks like you have this well in hand, I was going to use starstructor myself for your dungeons. (just got internets back, hate moving)

Kawa likes this.
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's all good, man. I'd still welcome your architecturartistic input :)

16. quinton0227

quinton0227 Pangalactic Porcupine

i'm constantly getting a client/server connection no longer valid error message when i try to start the game with a felin character. I can create a character without issue, just can't play with them. From reading the forums I believe i've done everything i should have... (installed your xbawks mod, that works fine) Perhaps you've got a suggestion as to what i might have missed?

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

TL;DR: read starbound.log because the client/server connection error is too damn vague.

I really should put this thing in a .txt file somewhere, with how often I've copypasted it by now...

Holgast likes this.
  18. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Put it in your signature.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I would but last time I referred to something in my signature it turned out almost nobody there had those enabled.

20. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

I didn't know this forum has signatures.

Finally got around to checking out this delightful race. My kitty looks tremendous in floran impervium armor w/ pilot goggles. But then everything does. Respawn animation is so damn cute.

Kawa likes this.