June 13 - Just some dev chat

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well I have seen it used other ways like what type1ninja was mentioning above. Really it just matters in the context that it is used; which usually defines its' meaning. Not always the case, but there is always different ways to each individual's perspective. After all there are tons of languages and many more dialects within each. I may have lived in various places in the US through out the country enough to at least have heard or seen things/word and various others bits in so many ways. I could imagine more even beyond that due to the fact of there being other countries with other languages & dialects.

But yes for the most part the is the most common I have seen, hence the reason I use it that way mostly. :)

2. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I was thinking about the other meaning when I was writing, but it didn't illustrate my point (of silliness being one important factor of abbreviations) as well as the other meaning, so I didn't include it. Meh.

;)

Tamorr likes this.
  3. ManeatingCouch

ManeatingCouch Void-Bound Voyager

That was fun to read. I'd like more of those, if possible.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. DoomZero

DoomZero Zero Gravity Genie

This line was one of the funnier moments of the chat log. Just the way it was so random and inconsistent with the polite and friendly tone of the rest of the log. Good stuff.

But yeah, I had a lot of fun reading this. I think it would be great to get more of these sorts of posts in the future. Maybe I'll go look in the off-topic section; apparently there are some logs there.