June 13 - Just some dev chat

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

And so we see the all powerful devs in their natural habitat....beautiful.
    Also, Jonesy looks like a badass now X3

Jonesy likes this.
  2. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

Jonesy has been reworked... wait... what ?

BTW... who has power to add emoticons to the forum ? i'd like to submit one^^

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Shadaw

Shadaw Void-Bound Voyager

A day in the office of Chucklefish. :p
    Also, everytime Omni said "roger", I remembered these guys

[​IMG]

The | Suit, Redcorpian and Tamorr like this.
  4. jeffhunter12

jeffhunter12 Void-Bound Voyager

holy crap did i really just read all that? wow..... like 99% of that i just read as blah blah technical shtuff, egskgnjshnakgn. i need to learn some of that tech stuff :3

5. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Kyren: Omni
    OmnipotentEntity: Roger
    Kyren: I need you to help me re-work the combat system
    OmnipotentEntity: ....these are not the droids you are looking for
    Kyren: ....

Shadaw and The | Suit like this.
  6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Dispite the humorous posts above, this was really a nice look; I understood the premises of the conversation to a point. I am not that tech savy, but I do understand this and that due to my studies I have done in the past.

Was quite an interesting read for me regardless if well understood or not. :) Thank you.

7. I found it strange how <kyren_> turned into <kyren__> in the middle. This was nice and informative :)

8. It was a false flag, Kyren__ was actually Obama covering for TIY not having an american birthcertificate

9. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

That tends to happen whenever a person doesn't log out correctly on IRC by crashing or timing out, and then tries to log in again: the old nick will still be in the channel, being unused, so to re-join you need to have a different nick name, something which most clients do automatically by adding something like _ or - behind the name.

nababoo likes this.
  10. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

Kyren, Kyren_ or Kyren__... who cares it's all the same, like chinese and japanese, weird food, rice, lots o' chicken, yellow people, lots o' fish.

(this comment is NOT intended to be racist! or to insult any kind of culture, i'm sorry if you feel offended, isn't intended!)
    see jonesy's post below for further reference

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah...that doesn't work. Chinese and Japanese cultures are completely different, and it's a bit misleading for them to be condensed like that. I'd recommend the ol' "potato / potato" (poh-tay-toh / poh-tah-toh), but that's more suited to verbal communication.

12. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

not sure i got that right ... you guys spent some time + money to get all the devs in the same office . then you guys talk over the chat ? can't you use your voice ? ;)

13. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Not everyone's in the same office, Kyren's in the UK and Omni's in America

The | Suit likes this.
  14. kikinaak

kikinaak Pangalactic Porcupine

kyren: push! push!

15. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

... Unbenannt.gif i wonder how many of you are now searching through the emoticon list for this one:rofl:

@Jonesy that's not fitting either, potatos are vegetables.. neither kyren nor chinese or japanese are vegetables... D:

Unbenannt2.gif Unbenannt3.gif Unbenannt4.gif

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  16. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

17. Palewolf

Palewolf Void-Bound Voyager

"<metadept> go forth and eat burgers"

metadept has spoken we shall eat burgers while anticipating the decent of glorious koalas!

18. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Most of the talking is done by kyren.

19. cloned

cloned Intergalactic Tourist

So, I didn't get through the entire chat log because all I was thinking is "Why didn't they just create a new branch that wouldn't disrupt the master or development branches so they can share just that?". I work in git all day.

20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

All I understood is nightly will only come at next week the earliest (which I am personally avoiding )
    and the unstable of progression may take at least another 2 weeks from their chatter.

Since still no mention if they are planning on adding house renting (or if there has been any work on house renting) in the coming update.

Kyren is the lead programmer who designed the engine from the ground up.