Dev Blog January 15th - Collar Duty: Advanced Warfur

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

A Crafting Queue would indeed be spiffy. :)

I'm still awaiting an explanation for why my fav Weapons, Axes, got mortally badly NERFED INTO THE GROUND via the complete and utter destruction of 2-Handed Axes clear outta the game... Ever since I FINALLY realized this is what had happened, I haven't felt like playing any Starbound at all... :cry:

For the Topic: Can we have more then one Pet & have combat pets & non-combat pets out at the same time? I'd like to have a Combat Pet that breathes Lightning (Bonus Points if it spawns as such while looking like a Dragon or at least a Dinosaur!) & a Non-Combat Pet Mindwurm out at the same time as I explore & fight. :love:

Also will the restriction from ever getting to capture Flying Monsters ever be lifted, or is this Design Decision final?

2. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

if poptops are basically like florans but as an animal would it not make sense that the florans would use them for hunting company like how people use dogs to hunt rabbits and other animals

3. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How are they like florans?

4. emeraldgreen72

that was kinda explained on the page before

5. smore566

smore566 Aquatic Astronaut

How do you catch the creatures? All I can make is critter capture pods. Why can't I gat the creature capture pods?

6. smore566

smore566 Aquatic Astronaut

7. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's like Pokémon. Weaken the alien then throw!

8. emeraldgreen72

i think thats what they where going for also the digging mini for getting fossils is similar rather almost exactly the same as the mining minigame in pokemon platinum

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  9. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Which I still can't get the excavation part down yet.
    I always seem to run out of the tools given and end up with just regular bones.
    I think there needs to be a guide as to effectively excavate the fossils.
    Instead of botching up the process.

10. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

The ability to catch Monsters is disabled in Unstable & Stable atm till they finish overhauling the System & Re-Implement it.

11. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

To be able to catch the aliens you first have to attack them so their HP is low enough to be caught.
    Think of it like Pokemon if you ever played it, then capturing monsters/aliens will be easy, just don't over attack or you'll have to wait till another
    one spawns.

12. koolieo1

koolieo1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a question. If my pet DOESN'T have the oblivious collar, and dies, is it gone for good? And if so, will it drop its collar on death?

13. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

No it's not dead, once it dies it'll just go back into the pod and you then have to heal it.
    There is a machine that will do that, once healed you can then use that pod again to summon said monster.