1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Izku and Dark Izku races with bonus features 5.1

2 Races with evoled form techs, light pets, npc spawners, custom ship, tiered armor weapons/ dungeon

1. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

SheepLord submitted a new mod:

Izku race with bonus features - A new race with evoled form techs, light pets, and npc spawners

Read more about this mod...

2. mowitt43

mowitt43 Void-Bound Voyager

It crashes after I select my character

3. SashaTheLynx

SashaTheLynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the same here. needs a fix here. this mod has potentional.

4. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

weird let me see what happened

5. SashaTheLynx

[​IMG]
    This is what we get, if it helps.

6. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

7. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry about that I had a reference to an item in another mod still in should work fine now

Thanks I found the error just something I had referenced in a treasure pool that wasn't in the mod it should be working fine now

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  8. SashaTheLynx

I got a new error.

[​IMG]
    These 2.

9. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

hmm can you post the log I cant replicate the error

10. SashaTheLynx

this is what you meant yes?

Wiat, i think i udnerstand here. There seems to be a conflict with anotehr mod. but wich one i dont know, since i was testing your mod purely alone, and it works. so, some mod is causing all this.
    I cna giev a shout out wich mod it is

11. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

Glad you got it working, it seems something called ikuul is what’s causing your crash but thanks for the info, let me know how you like it

12. SashaTheLynx

I actauly ran both of them, and the game loaded both of them fine. So something else must be making them collide wiht eachotehr.

Alrgiht....this will soudn extermely weird, but here is what i foudn out. It certainly is aconflcit but somehow, after adding each mod, one by one, i couldnt find the conflcit, since both my Izku and Ikuul characters are working fine, but here is where things get, strange...

If you created your character, may it be Ikuul or Izku when both of the mods are alone in the mods fodler (The extended character selection mod works fine), play with both of the charactes so they are loaded, quit the game, and then re-add all the mods, the game will work fine.

I am, baffled. As a modder myself, i have never experienced something like this before.

I hope this make any sense for you.

EDIT: Also, i like to add that your race cant be played on multiplayer. trying to join will cause the game to freeze and then it geos back to the menu. Single player works fine though.

13. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

no it can only be multiplayer if both players have the mod installed, and maybe one of the changes I made in the update helped resolve the conflict

14. SashaTheLynx

Probably. it seems to work fine now. I will go and fully test your mod and see how awesome it is lol.
    If i stumble upon more problems, i let you know.

SheepLord likes this.
  15. the420urchin

the420urchin Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like one of the mods is not properly using merge in it's initial quest, open up the quest files for all your race mods and see if they are all properly merging files instead of erasing them. This is a big no no now a days, so figuring that out could be really helpful to whoever's mod is improperly coded. I checked both the Izku and Ikkul and they are fine, but I don't know what other races you are using, if any of them are old and outdated I'd start there. But basically one of your race mods is erasing everyone else's initialquest files because it's not merging so you will always have a problem starting a new character (no matter the race for the exception of the problem mod) until the culprit is found and fixed.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    SheepLord likes this.
  16. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

yeah that's what I was thinking merge files are simple enough but if their set to overwrite and not actually merge then it all can go bad

17. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

I can't wait to hear your feedback

18. SashaTheLynx

So far, its very good. The only problem is that its way OP, so it needs quite some balancing. Think it be possible to make several tiers for each item?

19. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

yeah I did crank up the power my hope is that after the next combat revision it would be more appropriate, and I do have plans for a tiered system but I'm waiting to see how that gets revamped in the coming update. However for the time being I'll make a less powerful version of the tech in regrades to the attack power in my next update which will be ready in a couple days at most

20. SheepLord

SheepLord Cosmic Narwhal

SheepLord updated Izku race with bonus features with a new update entry:

Statues

Read the rest of this update entry...