1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Items spawn on the wrong spots (cost me over 1000 things)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Eclipse-the-dragon, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Eclipse-the-dragon

Eclipse-the-dragon Zero Gravity Genie

again and again it happens, and now i've lost things to it.
    look at the pic. the green box is where the thing should have been and is where i stood, and the red box shows where the thing did spawn.
    i have no way to get to that thing and i need it! pls get this bug fixed, it is taking a lot of thing away from me all over the game!

yes this is the 2nd time i posted this, but i have now lost over 1000 things to this bug. it BADLY needs to be nixed, and the things i are things i need. i'd trying to not use admin mode, but the bug is making over use it. the thing in the pic has 1-5 of it's thing.

i'm doing this to be sure this is seen. that is how far the bug is going now.

doubleposting yes, but it's done it again. yes i can get the bones, but it'd be nicer to pick them up and move on. again, green boxs are where the bones should be, red box shows where they are.

this in the pic happened just 1 minute after the Thread was posted, and i'll have it a lot more.

2-4 minutes from the doublepost, added this and the night time pic with the bug again. had it 3-7 times from post to now

10-20 minutes more and the bug does it a lot more and this thing went down the hole with the red box.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2018
  2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Technically, this is not a bug, but an intended feature with an undesirable result

this issue is caused by how the game handles items from blocks and objects. Instead of spawning all of the items in 1 spot and having a sort of burst, the game spawns the items in a small cloud, which may or may not be inside other blocks. If an item is stuck in other blocks, it is forced out through whatever way is best, which is not always best for the player. If the items all spawned at the exact position of the block or object and had a small burst, then the items would not be spawned into blocks, and would not be forced into unreachable places.

by the way, if you have a grappling hook or rope, all of these items in the pictures are accessible through mining and grappling. the items outside the space station you will have to leave the space station with the gate and carefully swing yourself around to it, then back to the gate

3. Eclipse-the-dragon

Eclipse-the-dragon Zero Gravity Genie

rope is 1 time use things as far as i know, and i have no idea how the grappling hook works, or where to find it.

if it is an intended feature, can't it be changed a bit? 80-90% of thing end up in space on space station. i think i can take it on plainits, but it's over Annoying on space station.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please stop doubleposting in such a short time. o.o

I merged your posts.