It is far too easy to delete/ship items and I feel that can be easily remedied.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by azulhombre, Oct 22, 2017.

1. azulhombre

azulhombre Space Hobo

I've lost countless artifacts and geodes by accidentally throwing them in the trash in my inventory. While the "common sense" suggestion might be to just slow down, I think an option to remove items from the trash should be available. Maybe the trash dumps at the end of the day so those items are permanently missing.

The shipping box should function in that same way. More like a chest that you can put items into and take them out if you decide not to ship them before the day is over.

• Ellyssa

Ellyssa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The main problem I see with removing items from the trash would be that you now have a potentially infinite place to store items during the day, then you would simply retrieve them when you are done at the end of the day, thus completely negating the need for backpack upgrades.

Reneeisxena likes this.
      • azulhombre

azulhombre Space Hobo

That is very true! Perhaps a time limit of a couple of minutes in that regard.

• oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Still seems much too easy to exploit. I feel like the most straight-forward solution would be to have a confirmation popup asking the user if they're sure they want to trash the item.

• azulhombre

azulhombre Space Hobo

I'd be absolutely okay with that, actually.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• muticere

muticere Space Hobo

A confirmation Popup would be good, also maybe you could follow the rule of the shipping box and only allow you to remove the last item thrown in the trash. I imagine this rule being imposed on the shipping box was also with the intent of preventing people from having an infinite container.

• tom7351

tom7351 Void-Bound Voyager

What my suggestion would be is that they make it so you can get out multiple items, like when i throw 1 gold cauliflower and after that 1 normal cauliflower and i wanted the gold one back that i could just right click and get all my items back

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I agree that once something is tossed in the trash it's gone. A confirmation button would stop people from accidentally throwing something away. I do think that anything you put in Lewis' sale box should be available to remove before the end of the day. Right now all that can be removed is the last item tossed in and nothing else. I've lost geodes that way, but at least in there you do get some gold for them.

• mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Just make sure that the delete confirmation can be turned on/off in the options. While it may be useful for some people, there are other people who will not want it as it adds more clicking and aggravation

Ellyssa and Fineya like this.
                    • Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

I agree with @Reneeisxena . Throwing something out should mean it's gone, with no exceptions. A confirmation would be great, and while I don't really have this problem with accidentally throwing things away on the PC (I'm assuming this is mostly a console issue?), I still think that it's something that should be added, whether it's a huge issue or not. I also agree with being able to remove any item from the shipping box before Lewis comes and takes them. I've never stayed up long enough to see him actually do that (I'm not one of those "fish until 2AM" players, I have a lovely tendency to not make it into bed on time and end up passed out in the road. Comfy, but not that great of an occurrence...), but if he does come and collect your crops before 2AM and you just don't get the money until you sleep, then I think that only being able to retrieve items until before Lewis comes would be more realistic. Again, not sure if that happens, but in Rune Factory 4 it happened at 8AM every morning, so I'm just assuming here.

• mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Linus would disagree with that statement

• DevilishxDave

DevilishxDave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No idea how you manage this, but for me the exact opposite happens and I can't seem to throw things out cause the garbage can is too small ans when I throw something in it, I end up throwing it away and picking it up again. I can play this minigame for awhile until I finally get to throw it in the bin.