1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a micro-update?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FrostiX, Jan 16, 2024.

1. FrostiX

FrostiX Big Damn Hero

Today, I received some kind of update in Starbound. But I can't understand, have the updates of this game stopped? This micro-update made me think, maybe there is a chance that there will be updates in the future? (If anything, I would like to correct the optimization in the game, otherwise it is impossible to play normally with microlags and freezes)[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Xcommand

Xcommand Big Damn Hero

I guess that was just cloud-save synchronization.

3. Shilaila

Shilaila Space Hobo

The last starbound update was in the 2017 bounty hunter update, after that there was some controversy with the devs and they officially stopped with updates for the game from then on.

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

This is inaccurate. The bounty hunger update was in 2019 and they didn't "officially stop" updates. The port is being work on (insert meme here) so they put Starbound on freeze so as to not add more work to the already delayed port. It is true Chucklefish is not currently working on Starbound but we hope optimisations and bug fixes will come when the port is finished.

5. viperfan7

viperfan7 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I genuinely think that the port just won't happen, the game came out 8 years ago, in that time, we've seen an entirely new generation of consoles come out, even between now and the last status update of the port.

As far as I know, they've also given no indication of the state that the port is in.

Supernovakid1 likes this.