Is there a way to move the shipping box?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adlet, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Adlet

Adlet Aquatic Astronaut

title. :)

• Rejgnar

Rejgnar Starship Captain

No. Maybe it might be added some day.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Not even Chicklet can do it, which means it's part of the map file and not the save file. The map fil can be edited probably to move the shipping box. There have been many map edits, so I don't see why this wouldn't be possible through a map edit

• DeineMudda_Tier

DeineMudda_Tier Orbital Explorer

The textures of the box can be moved. The animations of the box (when you put things in the box or walk past it) seem not to be movable. The animation stays in place - making the box invisible as long as the animation isnt triggered.

http://imgur.com/a/sI4ks

Nurio likes this.
          • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Did you do this through a map edit? How curious that it doesn't seem possible to move the box entirely, but only partially...

• DeineMudda_Tier

Ye, i edited the map. Animations cannot be moved, since the informations on their location are not stored in the .xnb files (which are editable) but in the .exe (i think). At least i have not seen anyone being able to move animations yet (which doesn´t necessarily mean it´s not possible).

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Does it move the actual box (i.e. the location where you dump the items) or does it only move the textures?

• DeineMudda_Tier

Only the textures are movable. The actual box stays in place. Items have to be put in the box on it´s original position.

Nurio likes this.
                  • dsoddancer

dsoddancer Space Hobo

I really do hope that one day it's possible because I would have really liked to put all of my beehives there or the horse stable.