1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting New Screenshot from Tiy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

2. I am more impressed with the little star map at the top. It's a little how I wished/imagined the planetary navigation should be.

3. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

It's a tentacle eye.

4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Ooooo.....I smell some awesome story going on.....but more interestingly look at the pillars....there are now 8 race symbols instead of 7 and a blank square as are in the gate to the outpost.....extinct species or are they about to sneak a new playable race on us? Anyone recognize the 8th symbol at all?

5. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

cyclops race hype

Boufman likes this.
  6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That picture is so atmospheric~

7. DarthTrethon

Yeah, looks like it could be similar to the Novakid in the sense that they only have one facial feature but instead of a symbol this looks like it could be an eye.

8. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

Is this the nebula portal?

9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Wait a sec that eye matches the tentacle one

10. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

It looks like a tentacle monster eye. The fellows between the pillars and the tentacle monsters also look like they've got one humongous eye on the back of their head. Hmm....

Zinerith likes this.
  11. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Also note the humanoid figures next to the tentacles on either side of the gate.

12. playable tentacle race confirmed.

Now the fan art will get really interesting [​IMG]

13. DarthTrethon

Could be, not sure though....the hand and the galaxy/universe at the top almost appears to suggest creation....could be that the tentacle monsters were one of the first eight species that came into creation but were wiped out or at least banished....could it be some sort of original sin kind of story?

Note that the eyes on the tentacle monsters at the top of the gate are different than the eye on the 8th symbol.....perhaps the tentacle monsters are what became of the 8th race after they became corrupted somehow.

14. Bonabopn

It's funny how i mentioned the eighth 'head' in the OP, and the second reply was "It's a tentacle eye.", and people are still pointing it out like they're the first to notice x3
    I assumed they only looked different because those are both angled slightly. They could be different, but i think they are not.

Hadies237 and Sonic1750 like this.
  15. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

"And thus was the universe created, by his noodley appendage."

16. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

All I know is I'm getting my flamethrower because tentacles generally mean bad news.

Sylxeria, M4ck and skydart like this.
  17. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cthulhu and his descendants as 8th race - wow. That could mean that the big hand left and the tentacle right are part of a waaay bigger thing. Oh the epic battle between Good and Evil.... or some cook trying to put the food into the cooking pot. Either way - this is intriguing for sure. :metroid:

Sonic1750 and Yubs like this.
  18. DarthTrethon

That's because I was too busy looking at the picture to notice the tiny little five words the top.....I literally noticed the 8th symbol before I noticed what you said....no offense.

19. Bonabopn

you probably should've looked before you leapt then :3

20. DarthTrethon

Note that they are wearing helmets so we can't see what they look like, combine that with the fact that the eyes on the tentacle monsters look different than the eye on the 8th race symbol and these humanoids may be the cyclops we're looking for......there may yet be an 8th playable race here.

Vith likes this.