Infinity: Renascentis

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Minecraft! :D

Auraknight likes this.
  2. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

<------Was about to ask "Hey, do you know this cool sandbox game in development called Starbound?", then suddenly remembered where he was. WTF, BRAIN?

Also, this is way too familiar.

3. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

What game is that?
    It sounds amazing! :p

Saal and Milly Rainbowskittlez like this.
  4. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

me and a friend have a dream. a dream of making a map so big that it has to be cut into several. a map so big that its split into chapters, where the story is cutting edge, and the plot keeps you going, and the design so well that several moments in the game you forget youre even playing minecraft. we want to take the adventuremap to an extreme level, but without using tons of game changing mods that everyone has to painfully install just to play a simple map. We break redstone so hard that it works >: D just to make the floor fall out from under you at just the right time. We are the assholes that will make you jump across moving floors over the void while running away from skeletons.

We are... The Builders Guild.
    If you can dream it, we can build it better.

anyway yeah.
    Our first map was in progress, there was three of us learning how to use world edit. Then pistons came out and we decided to scrap the project because there was suddenly 2436928347138618236 things we wanted to do, and in order to do it, we would have torn out a good 90% of the map, so it was just better to start over. Thats when we decided to go smaller, get more ideas and better dungeoneering under our belts.
    Then quiet
    Then i started building The Pyramid of the Creeper on my ssp map in creative cause i was bored.
    6 months later were almost completely done with the first floor, working on the second floor, just about to advance in 'tech' level of traps. we had an idea of a room that had lava as the cieling, and if ANYTHING got hit wrong, the whole thing would fall. We also had an idea of a sidequestly labyrinth with floors built by other players to help with the load, just to get some really epic stuff, and maybe learn a bit from their designs, buuh.. that was scrapped too cause we wanted to wait til later to do it, and focus on the pyramid.
    then we got tired of seeing desert theme.

... so there we are. xD next maps gonna be a forest map, well see how far we get in that one.

Freddy67h, Auraknight and Britefire like this.
  5. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I can't wait to see the day it is released, it will be truly amazing! :DD

6. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

wow...
    That is amazing!
    if you wanna see mine,
    [really basic]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?c663wgii61jtgl3
    just unzip, and put into worlds folder. it should run in any version from 1.2 onward, but it's nice if you have it in the latest.
    I originally made the map,
    cuz a friend said that if I made it, he could get the yogscast to play it, and put it up on youtube.
    (this was a while back. when I thought the yogscast did that)
    he instead got about 15 mins alone with my laptop, and saved over the original map, and deleted the backup, putting a few annoying signs in, that have parts of the yogcast history.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  7. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

I wanna play MC now...

8. Milly Rainbowskittlez

it will one day. though it hasnt started. were doing crackpot little maps xD We want a good 100hour or hell i think we would be happy with a good 10-30 hour map, exploring, plotting, killing mobs, maybe even building. taking all the things that make minecraft so great, and put it into a map that makes you think about it the next time you start up a new map, start building that new fortress, ect.

Auraknight and Britefire like this.
  9. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Did you fix it? D :

Auraknight likes this.
  10. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I would recommend having at least some side areas in tribute to Vech's works with the super hostile maps! >:3
    Just kidding, though it may be worth watching some of his test world videos, he has some good ideas for uses of the new items like hoppers there! :DD

11. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Play osu! instead.
    Or NetHack.

Britefire likes this.
  12. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Or Slash'EM

Saal likes this.
  13. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

no, I didn't.
    They just are distractions I guess.
    nothing offencive.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  14. Milly Rainbowskittlez

we havent even started tinkering with those .-.
    the first day. the very first day pistons came out.
    we put the adventure map on hold, and spent a solid week to two weeks dicking with them, learning everything about them. we even designed the compositor which traps a looping line of power through a circuit of repeaters, as well as where a piston breaks off the line, making it so that no matter how long you leave the lever on, or how long you stand on the pressure plate, youll always, always get the exact amount of power we want going through it.

Britefire likes this.
  15. Milly Rainbowskittlez

ill check it out laters then : O

Auraknight likes this.
  16. Milly Rainbowskittlez

WHERE IS IT!?!

Britefire likes this.
  17. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

18. Saal