1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Turrets v1.0.0.2

No firing before aiming, no breaking apart on taking down

1. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

BloodyRain2k submitted a new mod:

Improved Turrets - No firing before aiming, more energy, no breakage on taking down

Read more about this mod...

Relydukno likes this.
  2. Relydukno

Relydukno Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found a rocket launcher that uses only 40 energy and it would not work in the BASE version of the turret in game for [Upbeat Giraffe]
    They only fire shotguns, pistols, assault rifles, machine pistols, and plasma guns.

Have you gotten your turrets to fire grenades and rockets now.

3. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k updated Improved Turrets with a new update entry:

different firing arcs

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. BloodyRain2k

5. Toztman

Toztman Void-Bound Voyager

Ohh That would be awesome. Rocket turrest galore!

6. BloodyRain2k

7. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Seems pretty good, but I'd like to make a few suggestions for improvements/additional functionality.
    • Add wiring into the turrets for a targeting mechanism, so you can manually target the turret.
    • Add wiring into the turret for a manual switch to force them to fire when you want them to.
    • Add in a wired "Target" to the wiring station that, when linked to the turret, forces the turret to aim directly at that
    • When the turret is wired to the previously mentioned target, its aim is fixed to the spot of the target...and its firing distance is set to the distance between the turret and the target, so that it fires that full distance. When it's not wired to it, it functions like a normal turret with the default 50 range you've set.
    • If it's not possible to switch between the two modes mentioned above, you could simply add a new recipe that combines the turret with a targetting mechanism to give you a "Focused Turret" or something like that that does work this way, so that you can keep both modes.
    Nice work on the auto-aiming and whatnot, though. :D

8. BiancaRoughFin

BiancaRoughFin Void-Bound Voyager

This is something regarding turrets that i would like to see aswell:

Make Turrets not shoot NPCs. Since NPCs have the habit of wondering off far from their spawned locations, they end up getting into the Turret's targeting sight and killed by them which makes it impossible to make cities of your own and have turrets keeping them secure. Maybe even get projectiles shot by turrets to pass through NPCs leaving them unharmed aswell (With the exception of explosive weapons).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  9. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is something up with turret energy in latest update or is it just problem on my side? also... is infinite energy on turrets good idea? i think i would like that as an option.

10. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Turrets broke with the last update. Guessing it's the LUA, once I updated that they don't stop working when shooting at a monster now.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  11. BloodyRain2k

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  12. jm401

jm401 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! I love this mod. I have a request and an observation.

I learned that modded guns (i'm currently using) don't work with turrets by default Starbound behavior, would it be simple or complex to make modded guns work with the turrets? My observation is that placing a modded gun causes turrets to not function at all, you must break, replace and load a vanilla gun in them in order from them to function again. I know this is linked to the fact that modded guns don't natively work with turrets. Would this be possible?

13. BloodyRain2k

14. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey Dude, just pulled this outta my log:

[22:28:04.088] Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods\improved_turrets\.>. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'breakDropOptions' in pathApply("/breakDropOptions/0")

I dunno Ricky...

15. hottheadliberty

hottheadliberty Void-Bound Voyager

Am i missing something here? I can not find the turrets in any store or crafting table of any tier. please tell me where to find them.

16. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, I'm getting the same message in my logs (it doesn't cause a crash at least, but...yeah).

I still stand by my suggestions in post #7 btw. =D

17. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I tried fixing it by replacing the whole "path" for "breakDropOptions" with the new values.

I even tried just outright removing the path, since if it's going to be dropping itself anyway, there's probably no need for a breakDropOptions field in the file in the first place, right?

Anyway, both of them kicked back errors saying something about it couldn't properly create it. It keeps acting like "breakDropOptions" doesn't even exist, and I'm not really sure why...since it's clearly there in the file...

It says it "cannot find breakDropOptions to remove it", basically...when I try to remove the value altogether. :zzz:

18. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

BloodyRain2k
    could you update this with the ability to to define the turrets rotation speed and the range of when it starts firing
    this way we can have turret that aim correctly but also don't need to be exactly on point line to fire

19. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k updated Improved Turrets with a new update entry:

GG update

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

cool :D
    finally got rid of the npc targeting yay

if that included patch readds itemDrop sliding i want to bear your children .. my pixel farm has been broken for months ;)

edit: omgyes:rainbowbarf:
    as promised, i will now bear your children... :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015