1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved Controller Layout *BEAM HOTKEYS INCLUDED*

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RolandHazoto, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RolandHazoto

RolandHazoto Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First let me start by saying, those familar with my work, I am deeply sorry I did not upload this sooner. I thought I did over a year ago but I did not apparently. BUT that's a good thing in a way because I figured out how to set up a Beam up and down hotkey last night and moved some things around today to make it more intuitive.
    Chucklefish, please take note, as your Official config is missing a lot of functions and is pretty unintuitive overall

Here's the config:
    steam://controllerconfig/211820/1522620408
    (you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser while Steam is running)

And here's a preview:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1522621548

The controls are as follows:

D-pad Up
    -Tap: Matter Manipulator
    -Hold: Beam Up/ Beam Down in Mech**

D-pad Down
    -Tap: Search Mode
    -Hold: Beam Down**
    -Double Tap: Empty Hands

D-pad Left
    -Tap: Wire Mode
    -Double Tap: Weapon Slot 1

D-pad Right
    -Tap: Paint Mode
    -Hold: Highlight Objects
    -Double Tap: Weapon Slot 6

Left Stick
    -Movement
    -Click for Camera Look Mode

Right Stick
    -Mouse Cursor
    -Click to TOGGLE Walking/Precision Mode/Shift clicks

X
    -Tap: Jump

Square
    -Tap: Interact

Circle
    -Tap: Head Tech

Triangle
    -Tap: Inventory
    -Hold: Quest Log

L1
    -Tap: Cycle Hotbar to the left
    -Hold: Swap Hotbars

R1
    -Tap: Cycle Hotbar to the right
    -Hold: Swap Hotbars

L2
    Right Mouse Button

R2
    Left Mouse Button

-Tap: Crafting
    -Hold: Drop Item

Options
    -Tap: System Menu/Close Active Window

DS4 Touchpad***
    -Touch: Mouse
    -Click: Left Mouse Click

** A note on the Beam hotkeys:
    They were designed to work on 1600x900 Resolution. Any other resolution and they will require adjusting.
    To adjust them, Go to the D-pad Up/Down mapping respectively and go to the Long Press Activator.
    Select the Binding box.
    Go to the Box with the Mouse cursor surrounded by rings. (should be green if you didn't hit remove)
    Set the new position and make sure when prompted you have the cursor return to the old position after activation.
    Back out and try it out.

*** A note on the DS4 Touchpad:
    Those of you without a DS4 controller, honestly you can delete this mapping. I almost never use it, and you can manage without it by adjusting the mouse sensitivity on the right stick.

Okay guys, that's everything.
    I'm playing around wiht some ideas for mapping emotes and facial expressions, but I'm honestly not pressed about it, so I may never add em. I am accepting suggestions though.
    This is a huge improvement over the Official Chucklefish config, which is missing a lot, and honestly, from what I've seen of other configs, this is an improvement over them as well.

I hope you guys enjoy, and if anyone needs help, you can comment here, or you can friend request me on Steam for a more immediate response