Modding Help Implementing custom mods?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Marinebeast, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

edit: it was 3 am when i made this topic, that's supposed to say "Implementing Custom Techs".
    no man I know how to implement mods ahaha

There's practically no up-to-date tutorials on this, so forgive me for this. I can't find instruction anywhere, haha.

Alright, so I made a tech. It's basically an aquasphere clone, but it's got slightly modified values + different sprites.
    I'm not entirely sure how to go patching it into the game, though. It shows up when I force it through admin command, but when I patch it to the showTech array in the second tech quest, it doesn't show up.
    (And if I force it through admin command, it doesn't equip properly. Possibly related to it being forced/put in the body category when spheres are typically head techs?)

Is there any specific things I need to do to get it to properly appear there without admin commands? Is it possible to tie it to an item, like in the good old days? Does it have to be in the distortionsphere array and not the dash array, since it's a form of distortionsphere, and the game's just not showing it for me because of that?

Curious minds want to know! :p

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017