1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ill give you $30 for Starbound on vita.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by lezil_dark, Jun 5, 2018.

1. lezil_dark

lezil_dark Space Hobo

You know what it is... Hook it up with starbound vita, ID BUY IT!!!!!

I havent played Stardew Vally, but the endless game play on starbound i love on PC

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

As far as I know, the Vita has been abandonned

3. lezil_dark

lezil_dark Space Hobo

nah they just updated stardew valley today, there are more than 20 games being released on vita this year, the community is alive and well

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Oh? Glad I'm wrong then ^^

5. Raymond1991

Raymond1991 Phantasmal Quasar

Pretty sure no Starbound on Vita, no mention of it and been seeing nothing but trash games in Vita store :( so it seems dead to me like Wii u and somewhat doubt my psp Vita could handle Starbound.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

6. starboundATL

starboundATL Tentacle Wrangler

OMG Starbound on my Vita would be AMAZING!!!

You're %100 right but the fact that you can play ps1 and ps2 games on it for like $10 a pop is AMAZING!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018
    Raymond1991 likes this.
  7. lezil_dark

lezil_dark Space Hobo

If we wanna talk about a dead console we should talk about the switch, its only a couple million units above Wii U sales. buyer beware.

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@starboundATL
    Please avoid doubleposting. If you want to make additions to your previous post please use the edit function instead.
    I merged your posts.

starboundATL and Raymond1991 like this.
  9. Raymond1991

That's a good pricing but Im too cheap to pay for old games prefer using hacked psp for my snes emulator and gba emulator but now I feel like looking for emulator for ps1 and ps2 games on it.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

10. starboundATL

Yeah it seems silly to buy a console just to play Zelda and Mario. However I hear the Skyrim port runs pretty well, either way that's still just 3 games.

11. bluman855

bluman855 Space Hobo

Yeah over the lifetime of the console. The switch has only been out for a year or so, and has already surpassed Wii U's lifetime sales. Its not "dead". I don't get your reasoning.

12. lezil_dark

lezil_dark Space Hobo

If anything e3 just shows the lack of support, 90% of the games being released on ps4 and xbox wont be on switch, the switch is still mostly 1st party games and very few outside developers. along with a couple ports. there is much hype, but not much substance.

Raymond1991 likes this.
  13. Raymond1991

starboundATL likes this.
  14. Quietelk

Quietelk Space Hobo

Hey guys, long time player, first time poster etc.

Just my two cents on Starbound on handheld. I think we underestimate the resource requirements of this game. Not that it can't be optimised for a dedicated platform, but as far as I can tell it's inherently much more demanding than, say, Terraria.

Don't forget Terraria on Vita is stalled at 1.2.x - they can't port 1.3 to the Vita. Which is a shame because I first got all the way to Frost Moon on Vita.

Not sure if you've heard of the GPD Win? It's a little (full) PC about the size of a chunky 3DS with an Atom CPU and 4GB of RAM. Onboard graphics etc. It basically can't handle Starbound - the game runs at about 15fps if you're lucky.

On the GPD Win 2 - which has an M3, 8GB RAM, newer onboard graphics - Starbound runs perfectly. So there's a real "line in the sand" with system requirements. And if you want Starbound on handheld today you can totally get it: you just need to buy a weird Chinese mini PC for about $800.

And I think it's nothing to do with GPU? Or is it? I dunno, but as far as I can tell CPU and RAM are really important, and trying to get the game to run on something with just 512MB RAM (like the Vita has)... well, maybe no amount of optimisation could get Starbound to sip that little RAM?

Or there could just be no money in it, haha.

starboundATL likes this.
  15. starboundATL

Nintendo has always been a first party only kinda system, I honestly feel it is because they know they can't compete with the power of the other systems so any port is always going to fall short of what systems like Playstation and Xbox are putting out.

I agree with you but it should be noted that I ran Starbound directly off the built in
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics 630 of my i7 7700k just fine. It is more intense than Terraria for sure but I think there is some wiggle room.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018