Digital I'll draw your Starbound char o3o

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by rhomboid, Jul 29, 2014.

1. TonydBrony

TonydBrony Void-Bound Voyager

@rhomboid

I'll leave that up to you, given that you're the wonderful artist who's doing the drawing. However, if you'd like some input from me... I'd love to see them drawn together, holding eachother's hands, or mine bracing a shield while the other notches an arrow in a bow towards an unidentified enemy. (Most likely a U.N.S.C soldier.) But still, I'm not picky and I'm grateful that you're taking up my request to have them drawn. Thank you so much! <3

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Sounds good broski. I can't promise that it'll get done super soon, but I can promise that it'll get done haha. And no problem, I love requests! The more detail the better.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    TonydBrony likes this.
  3. Just05010

Just05010 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you want you could do my avian character, here's a screenshot of him wearing human clothes for teh lulz.
    [​IMG]

4. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When/if ever you feel like drawing her, I've got my succubus character here:

Edit... Need to take a different screenshot...

Edit: Woa, sorry. Thought I fixed the screenshot ages ago. I got distracted by a stray cat that was addicted to lovins, and me being unable to NOT give lovins... Well. I was preoccupied for a while.

[​IMG]

And here is a full screenshot of her base, since I occasionally draw things as well I find that I personally like knowing more about what I draw and finding sources to draw inspiration from. Maybe the full base will help (Screenshot above is from the ship itself.)

[​IMG]

And here's some music you could listen to~<3

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  5. rhomboid

@Just05010 and @Cipherstar Gotcho' on the list. I'll do you both when I get the time, no worries! Can't promise when, again, but I'll definitely get them done.
    Also Cipherstar, I totally agree! The more info about the character the easier it is for me to work on them! Also I'd love to listen to your music but youtube is blocked here T-T sorreee. If you've got it on another medium I'll give it a listen though o3o[DOUBLEPOST=1409581500][/DOUBLEPOST]@blueDice All done! It's a lot sketchier than I usually do (I seem to be getting more and more sketchy haha), but the proportions came out pretty well I think. Let me know if you want anything added, as this one was pretty simple. Hope you enjoy!
    blueDice(xref).png

DrVoodoo likes this.
  6. Cipherstar

There are extensions / plug ins for browsers to bypass locks. Especially regional locks. Google Translate can even be used to bypass a lot of locks. I don't think there are any problems with using them, unless you mean you're at school? In which case schools are evil and if you DID bypass their lock you could just end up in trouble ~3~

What kind of evil person blocks youtube anyway, youtube is practically synonymous with video...

I found somewhere you can listen to it, you need to sign up for it though like I just did. Only took a second.
    http://www.rdio.com/artist/Dolores_O'Riordan/album/Are_You_Listening/track/Black_Widow/?apSource=t2718759
    The video I shared was an edited music video though, based on "Pandora Hearts" and was quite lovely. Shame. But the sound quality in the link is really good. Just in case, the song is "Black Widow" by "Dolores O'Riordan"

Oh~ One fact that might be interested that you could choose to do something with, the character has a large mech with a red skull she uses when traversing hostile worlds. It has a big minigun on one arm and a gravity gun in the other. (It's from a mech mod, it's called the "Pirated Rho Mech")

7. lot4d

lot4d Master Chief

[​IMG]
    here's my starbound char, Wilby! He's an orange novakid. He's an ocarina-playing pilot.
    Here he is with his signature weapon, the hammer:
    [​IMG]
    and with his ocarina, near his pilot's chair:
    [​IMG]
    thank you!!!

8. Just05010

Just05010 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can we please talk about how my character would be a better ocarina player for the obvious reason.
    :poke:[​IMG]

lul

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  9. lot4d

lot4d Master Chief

Honestly, I can't even deny it lmao. Your character is the supreme ocarina player.

10. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

Hm, I'll toss my hat into this mix.

[​IMG]
    Draw whatever you please with Rocky in it :p

11. Cipherstar

I'll like to update my screenshot. My succubus has a new look that I ~love~

It's a combination of 3 different mods:
    [​IMG]

Pants from a volcaloid mod, top and hair from a general fashion mod, and of course the succubus race itself.

Edit: Second screenshot:
    [​IMG]

12. rhomboid

@Cipherstar Yeaaaaaaah it's the Great Firewall of China. I have a vpn and stuff but it's a bitch to get going so I'm lazy with it o3o. I'll listen when I get home (I'm at school, but as a teacher haha), I promise. Also that outfit is pretty sxc, I'll be sure to use the updated screenshots.

@lot4d I'll add you to the list! I can't promise how well it'll come out since Novakids confuse me T-T but I'll do my best! Feel free to hit me with some extra details if you like o3o

@Son0fgrim I've added you to my list but the link you used shows up borked. I'll see if I can get it working when I get home but otherwise I'll have to ask for another picture. Sorry!

p.s @Just05010 Do you want me to colour your char in his ocarina-playing outfit? Or should I stick to the original?

13. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

14. rhomboid

15. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

no prob buddy.

16. jaybobujoe

jaybobujoe Space Hobo

hey, do you think you give my avian a shot? And you don't have to incorporate the hood, it would be slightly confusing because it would cover the beak, thanks! 2014-09-01_00004.jpg

17. rhomboid

I wouldn't mind even a little, but your screenshot is super tiny haha. A bigger one would be swell, but no rush because you're behind six other people on my list ^-^''
    Still, all requests will be completed eventually!

[edit] bleeping @blueDice in case the merge post didn't ping. Your art is finished! It's in a post ^up there, but there's also a version in the OP with the reference still in it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  18. blueDice

blueDice Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks but the mouth is too strongly emphasized.
    A bit softer would have drawn his mouth lifted rather apparent, but is not so bad. I think you did it with the graphics tablet. A fine thing as a graphics tablet, you do not need 100 pins and also gets support from the program itself. Unfortunately, it costs money to buy himself one. I would like you also draw something, but I lack the technology to do this.

It now get angry that I do not have the money, but is not bad. Eventually, I got this tablet.

hopefully ... :(

19. Cipherstar

I just noticed I never actually said it, almost rude to put in a request but not say anything- but your art is pretty great. I love the ones you did for Neros and Orange the best, and Dr.Horrible ftw.

20. jaybobujoe

jaybobujoe Space Hobo

how do i get the screenshot full size?

Attached Files: